Job LevelSnr Management
To manage the Wireless Service Delivery staff of a specific sub-department within the Service Delivery department, including, but not limited to all the associated technologies, in order to provide a service that seamlessly integrates to the entire business unit and the overall Network as a whole.
Minimum Requirements of Job
- Appropriate technical qualification or equivalent
- ITIL V3 Foundation (where applicable)
- Cisco or similar Technical Certification advantageous
- A minimum of 10 years in the ICT sector of which 5 years must have been spent in the Telco environment
- Relationship management experience and dealing with customers at all levels is a requirement
- 5 years technical experience and relevant technical certification
- Report writing experience is required
- Excellent understanding of the telecommunications customer value chain
- Good understanding of technology, products and services offered by Neotel and the telecommunications industry
- Experience in dealing with cross-functional work groups Basic Finance and Contract management/legal knowledge;
Knowledge of South African labour legislation.
Key Responsibilities for MW, LTE & Offnet:
- Offer SD planning and configuration support throughout a projects life cycle.
- Provide technical input to SD technology masterplan.
- Ensure integrity of SD network records.
- Ensure quality management processes & checks on SD installations.
- Contract management.
- Provide technical input to project teams
- Provide technical details required for the acquisition of microwave high sites.
- Providing technical reports.
- Provide support for international projects
- Provide support for all Offnet to Onnet migrations.
- Optimization of microwave access network
- Ensure accurate frequency planning on access links
- Forecasting equipment procurement.
- Proactively manage and resolve customer escalations related to SD matters.
- Manage and drive Offnet vendor relationships and deliveries, including. Offnet processes and procedures.
- To ensure seamless and timeous service handovers to customers with a view to expediting and realizing revenue turnaround efficiently and with speed.
- Develop, implement and provide accurate Dept reports for management to enable analyses and feedback.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction levels (Internal & External), in keeping with the Liquid brand.
- Quality assurance and overall integrity- focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the allocated tasks; and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programs and corporate technical and specialist standards
- Managing the communications with all stakeholders
- Total Management of internal resources(staff) coaching & mentoring.
Reporting and analysis
- Develop, implement, document and enforce SD policies and procedure to deliver a unified service within the department.
- Proactive notification of services failures to be sent timeously to respective stakeholders in order inform all impacted customers
- Ensuring that resolver groups maintain and use the System tools at all times to ensure issues and their resolutions are captured accurately.
Management of the Business Unit
- Develop business plans in line with the business unit goals and objectives in order to assist in achieving the overall organizational objectives.
- Recognises areas for internal improvement and develops plans for implementation.
- Manage the operating model within sphere of control and ensure the continuous improvement thereof so as to ensure business improvement.
- Ensure that the business unit objectives are met through effective performance management and measurement.
- Weekly and monthly review of capacity reports to stay aware of network and departmental performance.
- Preparation and Management of Annual Operational and Capital Budgets in order to meet strategic objectives of the department
Management of Stakeholders (Internal and External)
- Management of relationships between line of business and the various business partners in order to deliver superior service.
- Developing and managing SDM and similar relationships, if required, for effective service Delivery.
- Maintain and manage various stakeholder relationships externally so as to ensure best practice in terms of delivery.
- Provision of expertise to lines of business so as to ensure the timely resolution of all queries and requests
- Ensuring timeous updates as per SLA's in order to avoid consequences.
- Develop and improve the relationship for the different resolver groups to work as one unit with emphasis on teamwork.
- Lead interactions with internal and external auditors in order to deliver on favourable outcomes
- Manage staff in order to achieve the overall departmental objectives
- Develop and ensure business continuity, where applicable, to ensure Service Delivery is fully staffed and maintained with competent individuals
- Manage costs associated with staff such as, leave, training & development, to ensure they meet requirements set out in policy as well as those directed in order to meet organizational objectives.