Job LevelNon Management
Influencing the design of services to ensure that the desired requirements comply with the clients operational and business requirements.
Identification of Service impacts and service requirements
Design of Service Acceptance Criteria
Identify and communicate risks to service and the wider business and validating that these are managed through the appropriate risk framework.
Identifying gaps in the existing support model and proposing solutions to fit organisational design requirements
Be part of the Bid Management Process to produce Service Designs aligned with RFP outcomes.
Be part of the negotiation team during contract awarding to ensure that the Service Design complies with contract obligations and Service Level Requirements.
Communication - possess the ability to identify the audience and select the right level of communication for that audience. Must be articulate; possess the ability to communicate with a diverse range of individuals in different communication media. Possess and be able to write in a clear and precise manner on complex technical issues
Relationships - Must be able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders with a wide range of skills and abilities, including those who do not have a technical background. Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills are also necessary. Must be able to build relationships with vendors and system integration partners to level where the best outcomes for the client are assured
Minimum Requirements of Job
- BSC in Engineering
- ITIL v3
- Core Architecture Skills
- Ability to understand complex technical designs and influence outcomes to fit defined service acceptance criteria.
- + 3 years Experience in Mobile Network Solution Architect. (TDM / IP)
- + 3 years Experience in Mobile Network Operational Support. (TDM / IP)
- + 3 years Experience in Fixed Network Solution Architect. (Fibre / uWave / IP / MEF Networks)
- + 3 years Experience in Fixed Network Operational Support.
- + 2 years Experience in Product Management.
- + 2 years Experience in Network Commissioning and Integration.
- + 5 years Customer Interfacing and Management skills.
- Experience of working in a challenging environment where tact, diplomacy, excellent relationship management and communication skills are critical to positively influence relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Previous experience of liaising with, and mediating between, numerous senior stakeholders.
- Have lead solution analyst experience on major projects
- You will also seek and drive efficiency improvements with the Service Design and Transition
- Continually improving the key service design and transition processes.
- To manage the design of new services with Service Principles and KPI's in mind.
- Demonstrates and maintains a broad knowledge of technology solutions, current trends and techniques and actively communicates new technology developments.
- Sound knowledge of architectural design including knowledge of services based approaches to solution design
- translate business requirements into design options that are i) cost effective ii) efficient iii) reusable; iv) that comply with the clients' architectural principles and standards; and that v) enhance the business process
- using standardised business models as a means of driving technical architectures
- provide support and direction within a constantly changing environment within the context of a dynamic ever-changing business
- provide technical, organisational planning and management expertise in the identification and execution of solution delivery programmes
- lead and demonstrate knowledge of IT controls and governance procedures
- maintains a broad knowledge of technology solutions, current trends and techniques and actively communicates new technology developments
- Proactively shares relevant information and timely updates
- Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional and organisational boundaries
- Researches information for and prepares documents and presentations that effectively convey relevant information in a timely manner.