Job LevelNon Management
To support and educate line managers in the execution of HR-related activities and monitor line adherence to HR best practice and principles in order to help the Liquid Telecom achieve pre-eminence through its people.
Minimum Requirements of Job
- Matric or equivalent to NQF Level 4
- Degree, Diploma, or Certificate
- NQF Level 5: 3-year National Diploma/Higher Cert
- Psychology or requisite experience
- 3 or 4 year degree (B degree+ honours) in Human Resources/ Industrial/ Organizational Psychology
- Business Management diploma or degree
- 5 years experience in OD and HR
- Facilitation Experience in organizational development and change management
- Telecommunications (3-5 years) (Preferred)
- Liquid Telecom Orientation
- Performance Development
- Influencing and negotiating
- Leading and Rewarding Performance
- Project management
- Presentation skills
- Lateral Thinking
- Team work
- Managing complexity
- Managing Complexity and Diversity
- Handling Discipline in the Workplace
- Facilitating workshops in a Change Environment
- Competency-based interviewing
Managing the HR environment:
- Communicate and implement the strategic objectives as articulated by Head of HR for the SBU in order to create key focus areas to line managers to meet Org objectives.
- Design with line managers the organisation structures of the BUs to ensure adherence to Liquid Telecom overall governance principles.
- Implement and monitor Organisation Structure Principles. Call in the Organisation Design team for assistance if required.
- Design and develop role profiles for Management roles to ensure that all required elements are captured.
- Quality assure new roles and ensure that job evaluation is completed within predetermined timelines to ensure that our roles are relevant and to manage our Rem strategy.
- Execute people change enablement plans for any major changes faced in the area including communicating with employees, line managers, in order to embed change initiatives into the organisations.
- Outline risks related to change in order to mitigate risks.
- Participate in process improvement projects initiated in the business unit or by HR in order to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of our people.
Managing People Resources:
- Drive the Performance Management system and process between management and employees to ensure clear understanding of key deliverables.
- Embed performance management as a philosophy in the business by supporting managers to coach and mentor and sourcing formal training if required.
- Quality check PD's on a quarterly basis and provide feedback to line managers on the potential for improvement.
- Participate in selected PD discussions on request from line managers. Participate in consistency check meetings on request from the Senior HRBP.
- Advise line managers on the requirements of the discipline, capability and grievance processes and monitor their adherence to it. Source ER advise for complex cases.
- Develop career management plans for identified roles together with line managers.
- Assist line management to identify "Talent" by analysing PD-ratings and participating in career development interviews.
- Create individual development plans (with line managers and employees) identified as "Talent
- Develop poor Performance Improvement Plans (PIP's) for poor performers together with line managers. Participate in regular reviews and advise on plan adjustments where required. Assist line to complete evaluations within 3 months.
- Develop detailed annual succession plans with line management for Talent roles and ensure that such plans are updated as required.
- Review absenteeism and time keeping information for the supported business area on a monthly basis and raise any potential red flags with the line managers in the area. Develop action plans to mitigate and or manage where required.
Supporting recruitment processes:
- Meet with line managers on at least bi- annual basis to advise them on their manpower planning and track progress on AOP
- Determine the tactics for recruitment of each role including which vendors to use for external recruitment once internal processes have been completed.
- Review applicant CV's for management roles and shortlist for line managers to interview. Participate in interviews with the recruiting line manager.
- Assist line manager with the recruitment authorisation process by completing available headcount checks and assisting with the preparation of requests for additional headcount.
- Monitor the line adherence to employment equity targets
- Ensure that all pre-employment screening is completed prior to offers of employment being issued for new employees. Review adverse risk assessments and create recommendations to the Senior HRBP to approve or decline.
- Educate line manager on Liquid Telecoms the pay strategy during the recruitment process.
- Issue offers of employment for standard contracts.
- Escalate any non-standard requests to the GMHR for approval. Check offer letters for correctness before sign off and distribution to the candidates.
- Monitor effectiveness and contribute to the functional of functional induction of new employees and ensure dissemination of relevant HR information.
- Settled employees into the business area on completion of induction
Supporting people development and Managing Organizational Development and Change Management:
- Support, guide and advise line managers to identify training needs in their respective BUs and submit the training requirements to the Training Team to support Learning & Development in the organisation
- Align personal development plans to individual development needs to support business improvement
- Measure the effectiveness of training interventions from discussions with line and make adjustments where required.
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness and efficiencies around concluded training, training vendors to the business.
- Design and deliver strategic OD and Change Management interventions to ensure that the organization is optimally resourced with the best human capital strategies
- Design and deliver culture, climate and employee engagement surveys for the organization to ensure the workforce culture and climate is appropriately measured and initiatives put in place to ensure satisfactory engagement in the organization
- Oversee and deliver Project management of OD and Change Management initiatives in order to ensure that projects are designed and delivered on time and within budget
- Conduct stakeholder engagement with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all Organizational development within sphere of control are managed appropriately and that adherence to best practice is upheld.
- Managing the interface between OD programmes and other organizational initiatives including talent management and BBBEE
Entrenching the Reward Philosophy:
- Communicate Liquid Telecoms pay strategy to line managers.
- Educate line managers on the use of reward tools and monitor the correct use of the tools.
- Support managers to motivate for RL Changes/corrections/adjustments in line with Remuneration philosophy
- Communicate incentive schemes to relevant line managers and employees to ensure their understanding.
- Obtain feedback from line managers on the effectiveness of implemented schemes.
- Communicate payroll policies (e.g. payroll cut-off dates, overtime rates, claims processes) to all new employees and direct existing employees to the HR Payroll for query resolution.
- Assist line to write motivations for out-of-cycle/interim increases and obtain the required approvals within the SBU before submitting to the Reward team for approval.
Monitor Employee Exits:
- Monitor fixed term contracts expire, and determine conversion to a permanent role. Assess risk associated with contracting, and assist salaries when required.
- Receive resignation letters accepted by line managers together with completed exit interviews. Analyse reasons for leaving and determine whether follow-up action is required to try and retain the individual and or address business weaknesses.
- Ensure that line managers complete exit interviews for all key roles.
- Communicate reassignment to affected employees together with line managers during restructure processes.
- Ensure that employee issues and concerns are addressed and refer unresolved major issues to the Employee Relations team when required.