Job LevelNon Management
Responsible for design, development, implementation, management and support of mission critical enterprise BI reporting, Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes and Data Warehousing environments. Working with key business stakeholders to design and develop semantic layers used for end user reporting, KPIs and analytics capabilities. Using skills and experience as a BI Specialist, the ideal candidate will design, develop and implement ETL processes to transform structured, unstructured and disparate source data into the target data store(s)/ data warehouse(s) / data mart(s), The candidate must be able to thrive in a dynamic environment, and have a track record of delivering business intelligence solutions at an enterprise level. The primary function of the Business Intelligence team is to provide strategic guidance to the organisation by leveraging insights from primary and secondary resources and advance analytical techniques.
Minimum Requirements of Job
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Informatics or equivalent.
- Certificate in Business Systems Analysis is essential.
- 6+ years of experience in a highly scalability, highly available commercial development environment.
- Extensive experience in developing Business Intelligence solutions (reports, dashboards, scorecards) in a data warehousing environment.
- Design and implementation of ETL processes.
- Advanced knowledge of OLAP technologies and dimensional modelling, including applicability to various reporting problems.
- Relevant data management and analytical skills with the ability to overlay the business understanding of the data.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience of software systems preferably Business Intelligence platform across multiple entities.
- Analytical Skills, working with large amounts of data, facts and figures and number crunching.
- Communication Skills, excellent documentation, report writing and presentation skills. Ability to translate data findings into an understandable document.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to details, being very vigilant in the analysis to ensure correct and accurate outcomes.
- Knowledgeable in the design, construction and management of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Best practice skills, including: requirements definition; analysis; design; testing; implementation; documentation and support.
- Able to work collaboratively with colleagues, customers and stakeholders at various levels and cross-culturally.
- Detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples).
- Knowledge of Master Data Management an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience working with the Microsoft BI stack and Qlikview.
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse and OLAP design and implementation.
- Business analysis to gather required BI system requirements.
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to drive data store/data warehouse/ data mart design and configuration.
- Use ETL tools to load data store(s)/ data warehouse(s)/ data mart(s).
- Design, develop, manage and support reports, ETL, Data Stores and BI cubes for the enterprise.
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of enterprise data and BI environments for both external and internal users.
- Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented for your sphere of influence.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
- Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision.
- Working with the IT resources to maintain and support the delivery of the business intelligence capability.
- Perform assessment on all reporting requirements and develop long term strategy for various reporting solutions.
- Develops and implements business intelligence architecture plans.
- Being a vocal contributor to the growth and evolution of the Business Intelligence function by sharing best practices, innovative techniques, and lessons learned
- Deliver Business insights to specific problems and opportunities and make the relevant recommendations to best utilise these insights.
- Drives and implements change and continuous improvement within the area of Business Intelligence.
- Implementation of enterprise data standards such as a common business vocabulary, naming conventions, data standards, transformation rules and related enterprise consistency specifications.
- Develop and maintain active and progressive working relationships with all members of your team.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside Liquid Telecom.