Job LevelSnr Management
Ensure the management and delivery of bespoke ASD network build programmes that meets customer contract milestones and Neotel AOP business objectives by effectively managing the projects operational aspects across the ASD build disciplines. Ensure close co-ordination between Neotels cross-functional departments responsible for full service delivery. Continuous and effective communications negotiation with internal and external peer and senior management, appropriate contractor management, escalation handling and fault resolution.
Minimum Requirements of Job
- 3 or 4 year degree (BSC Electrical Eng degree or B Tech), National Higher Technical diploma Electrical Eng (Light current) etc.
- An MBA or Post-Graduate management qualification would be an advantage
- Specialist Certifications (PRINCE2, PMBOK/PMP) and/or Post-Graduate Diplomas would be an advantage
- 15 or more years experience in the field of Telecom/Technology industries, responsible for managing extensive Telecoms Network (RF/Microwave, 2G/3G or 4G, IP, SDH or WDM Transport and Outside Plant and Fiber optics) builds or expansions.
- 5 years experience in management
Planning, Deployment, Management and Control of the build and delivery process for the respective programmes
- Project Plan installations and implementations of various ASD disciplines (OSP/Fiber, Infrastructure/Facilities, UCS/VoIP, IP/SDH/WDM and RF/MW Transport technologies)
- Understand and comply with all financial controls
- Co-ordinating the implementation, provision and configuring of all relevant devices
- Ensure rapid communications between cross-functional stakeholders
- Monitor the network build and ensure that existing terms and conditions of existing contracts and service level agreements are compiled to.
- Monitor the expenditure within each project ensuring that this expenditure remains within budget at all times, and if not, to supply the necessary supporting evidence as to why the budget was exceeded
Management of Resources (Human and Financial)
- Ensures that all human resources are appropriately managed in terms of performance and development including performance management and career development initiatives
- Regular meetings held with staff to discuss project progress of individual areas of accountability.
- Assist with staffing and budgeting projections on each business unit.
- Ensures that the spend within the business unit complies with business plan and organisational processes
- Mentoring (including training thereof) of all direct reports in line with their performance management objectives
Ensuring that the systems within sphere of control is effectively maintained
- Ensure duly performed acceptance testing and commissioning.
- Manage the specifications and design solutions and compile technical reports.
- Monitor the costing within the relevant area and maintain functionality
- Consult and liaise with national specialists on a regular basis regarding the requirements of all services being integrated on the network
- Define and perform the Project Risk Management functions
- Define and perform the Project Quality Management functions
- Define and perform the Project Change Management functions
Reporting and analysis for the organization within sphere of control
- Assist with the drafting of business cases and the issuing and adjudication of tenders
- Carrying out network studies and making recommendations based on results
- Provide or facilitate high-level expert technical assistance to Regional staff on request
- Responsible for all records (Project Plans, Risk Registers, files, Site drawings, etc.)
- Assist with specialist investigations and provide project recommendations and proposals.
- Monitor the Time, Cost and Quality of Capital projects in relevant region
Effective and efficient stakeholder management
- Articulate in managing customer and internal stakeholders at senior and C-level
- Manage contractors, technicians and other personnel involved in maintaining or installing infrastructure
- Liaise and consult with the subcontractors where issues, violations, trends and changes may be recorded and actioned.
- Liaise and consult with personnel from other disciplines, participate in multi- disciplinary task teams to resolve complex problems.
- Identify shortfalls in technician's training, tools and equipment and conduct on-the-job training or recommend courses and equipment/tools
- Keep record of all services utilised on his region and where there is additional capacity for services to be sold
- Keep track of all customer services and assist where necessary in planning and upgrading their services ensuring the required services levels