Job LevelMid Management
Operational level co-ordination of project commercial (Cost/Revenue), governance (Contract/Compliance) and administration (Reports/Minutes) (related activities for the planning, design and implementation of projects across the ASD build disciplines (OSP/Fiber, Infrastructure/Facilities, WiFi, RF/Microwave and UCS/VoIP and IP/SDH/WDM transport)
Minimum Requirements of Job
- Commerce or Project Management diploma required
- Commerce degree (B.COM or BTech) would advantageous
- SAP experience required
- Full experience on MS Office Suite
- 5 or more years in commercial, contract and project governance/administration experience in the Value Added Service Provider or field of Telecom/Technology industries
- Experience in procurement (Purchase Requisitions and Orders) and logistics (Material management) of project inputs/resources
- Experience project administration/governance activities for stakeholder reporting (meeting minutes, report updates/distribution and project financial management)
- Experience in risk management, contract governance and profit and loss statements is advantageous.
- Experience in managed outsource contracts in quality assurance in the ICT environment will be advantageous.
Ensure that Neotels Advanced Solutions Delivery are effectively managed
- To support ASD Strategic Projects in line with the Liquids overall strategy, and obtain full collaboration of internal and external partners
- Liaison with the Project management team to establish the cost effectiveness of the current cost methodologies to determine optimum pricing cost for projects to the Customer
- Track Customer Contractual Financial Requirements and Risks associated with Strategic Projects against approved Business Case Parameters.
- Customer and Stakeholder management
- Budgeting and resourcing of projects
- Co-ordinating the IMACD process
- Monitor the Time, Cost and Quality of Capital projects in relevant region
Effective and efficient contract management
- Assist with the drafting of business cases and the issuing and adjudication of tenders
- Monitor the costing within the relevant area and maintain functionality
- Understand and comply with all ASD financial controls
- Liaise and consult with the subcontractors where issues, violations, trends and changes may be recorded and actioned.
- Monitoring and reporting on contractual compliance
- Monitoring contract through its life cycle
- Performing audit functions on obligations and overall contract governance
- Communicate contractual risks / non-compliance
- Manage and report on Profit and Loss statements per contract
- Prepare monthly scorecards and validate accuracy
- Manage and report on contract expenditure and supplier spend
- Manage and improve contract expenditure
Management of internal and external stakeholders
- Provide operational-level assistance to project manager on on-going basis
- To assist in improving & maintain customer relationship, ensuring growth & partnership by understanding the customers business model, incl. Vision, strategy, short and long-term needs, financial model and key financial drivers.
- Enhance customer Reporting and Represent Liquid in Customer Steerco and Manco, from Financial Engagement perspective
- Consult and liaise with ASD Financial Management, Business Management and Portfolio Management on a regular basis regarding status of project
- Keep track of all customer services and assist where necessary in planning and upgrading their services ensuring the required services levels
Management of Resources (Human and Financial)
- Ensures that all human resources are appropriately managed in terms of performance and development including performance management and career development initiatives
- Regular meetings held with staff to discuss progress of individual areas of accountability.
- Assist with staffing and budgeting projections on each business unit.
- Ensures that the spend within the business unit complies with business plan and organisational processes
- Mentoring (including training thereof) of all direct reports in line with their commercial and administration objectives
- Assist with specialist investigations and provide project recommendations and proposals.
- Liaise and consult with personnel from other disciplines, participate in multi- disciplinary task teams to resolve complex problems.
Ensuring that all administrative processes are adhered to within sphere of control
- Assisting the Project Manager with the planning, preparation, implementation and successful conclusion of allocated projects.
- Preparation of quotations and estimates for Project Installations and any related work.
- The issuing of work instructions to internal or external Installation Teams and subsequent monitoring of such work.
- Handing over of completed installations / sites to the Project Manager and/or Customer.
- Responsible for all records filing/storage (Site files, Site drawings, etc.)
- Monitor the operational expenditure within region ensuring that this expenditure remains within budget at all times, and if not, to supply the necessary supporting evidence as to why the budget was exceeded