Job LevelMid Management
Management of the project related activities for the planning, design and implementation of RF-Microwave backhaul build activities
Minimum Requirements of Job
- 3 or 4 year degree / diploma or appropriate NQF level qualification
- Specialist Certifications (PRINCE2, PMBOK/PMP, DragonWave, NEC, Huawei) and/or Post-Graduate Diplomas would be an advantage
- 8 or more years experience in the field of Telecom/Technology industries, responsible for project managing Telecoms Network (RF/Microwave, LAN and WAN IP, SDH or WDM Transport) builds or expansions.
- OR 6 years technical experience, 3 of which to be operating in the capacity of an advanced specialist / manager.
Ensure that Neotels Advanced Solutions Delivery are effectively managed
- Customer and Stakeholder management
- Budgeting and resourcing of projects
- Co-ordinating the IMACD process
- Plan and co-ordinate installations and implementations of Voice technologies
- Facilitate acceptance testing and commissioning.
- Co-ordinate the Implementation, provision and configuring of all relevant devices
- Monitor the Time, Cost and Quality of Capital projects in relevant region
- Inspect sites, ascertain their condition and verify the accuracy of records of routine maintenance and channel allocations
Manage Neotels, metro and access networks
- Manage upgrades and replacement of RF/MW related equipment
- Carrying out network studies and making recommendations based on results
- Responsible for ensuring upgrading and enhancing existing equipment
Effective and efficient contract management
- Draft specifications and design solutions and compile technical reports.
- Assist with the drafting of business cases and the issuing and adjudication of tenders
- Monitor the costing within the relevant area and maintain functionality
- Understand and comply with all financial controls
- Liaise and consult with the subcontractors where issues, violations, trends and changes may be recorded and actioned.
- Monitor the network and ensure that existing terms and conditions of existing contracts and service level agreements are compiled to.
Management of internal and external stakeholders
- Provide High-level assistance to staff on request
- Consult and liaise with national specialists on a regular basis regarding the requirements of all services being integrated on the network
- Manage contractors, technicians and other personnel involved in maintaining or installing infrastructure
- Keep track of all customer services and assist where necessary in planning and upgrading their services ensuring the required services levels
Management of Resources (Human and Financial)
- Ensures that all human resources are appropriately managed in terms of performance and development including performance management and career development initiatives
- Regular meetings held with staff to discuss progress of individual areas of accountability.
- Assist with staffing and budgeting projections on each business unit.
- Ensures that the spend within the business unit complies with business plan and organisational processes
- Mentoring (including training thereof) of all direct reports in line with their performance management objectives
- Assist with specialist investigations and provide project recommendations and proposals.
- Provide support for maintenance, installations and service restoration. Produce high technology problem solutions.
- Liaise and consult with personnel from other disciplines, participate in multi- disciplinary task teams to resolve complex problems.
Ensuring that all administrative processes are adhered to within sphere of control
- Responsible for all records (Site files, Site drawings, etc.)
- Monitor the operational expenditure within region ensuring that this expenditure remains within budget at all times, and if not, to supply the necessary supporting evidence as to why the budget was exceeded
- Keep record of all services utilised on his region and where there is additional capacity for services to be sold
- Define and perform the Project Risk Management functions
- Define and perform the Project Quality Management functions
- Define and perform the Project Change Management functions