Engineer – IP Specialist Advanced Service Delivery - LT20171116
Applications accepted until:
Number of Openings
Job LevelNon Management
- To perform all Engineering related work for large customer Enterprise Networks. Understand the Tender/customer requirements aligned with Liquid Telecom requirements.
- Use various internal Network Management systems and Tools
- Perform various Analysis on Network, Equipment Configurations etc. reporting and engineering support as it may be required.
- Attend various meetings and workshops including travelling to meetings at customer premises Nationally
- Draw up various documents, reports, statistics and presentations as may be required.
Minimum Requirements of Job
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering degree or equivalent work experience.
- CCIP, CCNP, CCIE
- 5 Years work experience in Engineering; Data Networking and services for Enterprise customer Networks
- Availability after hours with new complex network Migrations
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's license
- Build up the required knowledge of the business and network layouts of the Enterprise Customers.
- Document engineering solutions in accordance to agreed standards including but not limiting to the following documents: Detailed Engineering Requirements, detailed reference designs, and detailed integration Test Plan documents.
- Providing templates to the teams on configurations of the infrastructure
- Optimization and Performance testing of new IP Network services end-to-end during and after migrations
- Assist with internal and external customer engagements for any pre-sales, design work and technical implementation support required in the customer environment. (Continuous engagement with the customer to develop intrinsic knowledge of their environment.)
- Identify infrastructure and network expansion requirements as an input to network capacity and performance planning, optimization and upgrading of infrastructure in conjunction with the Network Operations Centre (NOC).
- Provide IP network support of newly commissioned services and features. Support second and third tier escalations for all operational outages in IP network for newly commissioned services and features. Troubleshoot IP network problems quickly and help provide sound engineering solutions by maintaining deep knowledge of the relevant customer architectures, topologies, and up-to-date configuration details.
- Ensure the Network Management System (NMS) reports required by the Managed Services customer are functional & accurate according to the contractual requirements.
- Participate in LAB tests to prove viability, quality and comprehensive outcomes for solutions
- Assist with continuous optimization of current Customer Networks in conjunction with the NOC to ensure a more robust and resilient network / Internet architectures.
- Work closely with the Service Assurance team to ensure the routing and capacity requirements are always at the correct tolerances.
- Recommend and vet customer Network and product solutions completed by the Solutions Architects
- Guide the Engineering aspects of the network. This includes the planning pertaining to equipment configurations, IP address planning etc. Evaluate Network Engineering requirements of customer networks in line with Architectural standards, Solution designs standards & configuration designs. This should always be in line with the Vendor High Level and Low level designs.
- Develop and document Plans/Standards for: IP Addressing, VLAN , Qos etc.to be accepted by the customers Architecture council
- Form part of any Network security audit finding sessions. Eliminate security risks & prevent security breaches by working closely with the relevant Security with security expert members.