Job LevelMid Management
To manage the development and implementation of an effective security strategy and life safety program for the Company. Mitigate risk, and safeguard personnel, company and customer information, physical assets, and the Liquid Telecom brand. Implement measures that are designed to mitigate security risks, by denying unauthorized access to facilities, equipment and resources, and to protect personnel and property from damage or harm, that will in turn enable effective business operation.
Minimum Requirements of Job
- Qualification/experience in Security or related qualification is essential
- S.I.R.A. Grade A essential
- Investigations qualification would be advantageous
- Added advantage is in-depth knowledge of Building Management Systems and wide operational experience in LENEL systems.
- ISO foundation understanding would be beneficial
- Five to seven years in a security management role coupled with investigations.
- Working knowledge of Information Security.
- Proven ability in identifying crime risk and mitigation thereof.
- Established and implemented security related systems and processes.
- Experience in a telecommunications security environment.
- Technical experience in Infrastructure, Data Center Operations is also required
- Must have knowledge of automated security intrusion detection, access control, CCTV, lighting and other Datacentre related systems and equipment.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- High ethical and moral values.
- Disciplined work ethic.
- Ability to work on multiple activities simultaneously and be able to prioritise tasks.
- Clear credit and criminal records will be essential.
- Above average knowledge of technical security systems
- Must have excellent interpersonal, administrative, and communication skills, as well as strong leadership traits in order to deal effectively with colleagues, visitors and customers.
- Provide a safe and secure working environment at ALL Liquid Telecom offices, sites and points of presence using pragmatic and cost effective initiatives.
- Provide professional crime related advice to senior management and board members.
- Ensure that all buildings/ sites that are owned/ rented by Liquid Telecom and utilized by Liquid Telecom staff have adequate security protection, thereby safeguarding its employees and assets.
- Establish and manage all security related projects.
- Develop and implement policies, processes and procedures to manage security risks.
- Provide adequate protection to executive/senior staff members.
- Ensure that all company marketing/ events are planned and controlled using disaster management protocols to ensure safety of staff and public.
- Ensure that all points of presence and Liquid Telecom offices are adequately equipped with security related technology and maintenance thereof.
- Manage the National Security Control Centre and ALL other aspects that relate to company staff, contractor/s and asset protection.
- Manage Service Level Agreements with all security providers.
- Manage Security Risk Management budget allocated.
- Conduct Security Risk assessments and mitigate those risks.
- Ensure that any security breach is actioned without delay.
- Ensure that debugging is conducted, as and when required, at all boardrooms and venues that are being utilized for board and sensitive meetings/ projects.
- Act as the company representative when liaising with requests from ALL law enforcement agencies, except S205 warrants.
- Work with the Information Security (IS) Coordinator, (as and when required) to establish policy, processes, systems and protocols for IS.
- Take appropriate internal disciplinary action against staff/ contractors that commit any form of crime related breach against the company.
- Investigate matters of crime that directly impact the company.
- Make use of external investigative consultants to assist after assessing the extent of the crime perpetrated against the company and lead such investigation/s.
- Initiate criminal action against responsible persons together with the companys legal team or external legal consultants.
- Utilize forensic and law enforcement network to try and recover cash or assets that were misappropriated.
- Network/ register with forums, committees, associations that would add value to Liquid Telecom and/ or its subsidiaries.
- Extremely sensitive investigative matters are to be reported directly to line management in the form of an interim report marked Confidential.
- Represent the company in disciplinary enquiries in which a crime has been perpetrated.
- Testify in criminal courts, C.C.M.A. and labour courts should the need arise.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly on physical security incidents, fraud and investigative matters.
- Investigate and where appropriate implement security technology to assist in the reduction of security costs.
- Work with forensics, as and when required.
- Ensure security procedures within the Data Centres are maintained and regular reports generated.