Job LevelNon Management
Responsible to monitor all physical related security measures in the Data Centre. This includes overseeing the security risk management operations, conducting investigations and establishing processes/ policies/ systems to mitigate any security risk that is posed to the business.
Minimum Requirements of Job
- Qualification in Security Management or appropriate is essential.
- P.S.I.R.A. Grade A.
- Investigations qualification advantageous
- ISO 27001 knowledge will be advantageous.
- Three to five years in a security management role coupled with investigations.
- Working knowledge of Information Security.
- Proven ability in identifying crime risk and mitigation thereof.
- Established and implemented security related systems and processes.
- Experience in a telecommunications security environment.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- High ethical and moral values.
- Disciplined work ethic.
- Work on multiple activities simultaneously and be able to prioritise tasks.
- Clear credit and criminal records will be essential.
- Above average knowledge of technical security systems.
- Assist to provide a safe and secure environment in the Data Centre for employees, customers and clients which includes all points of presence in the Data Centre.
- Actively manage security related risks.
- Conduct Security Risk assessments of buildings/ sites and mitigate those risks.
- Ensure that the contracted security company is managed.
- Work closely with the National Security Centre to ensure safety at all times.
- Assist the Security Manager to investigate and action security breaches against the companys Information Security Policy.
- Prepare and deliver briefings prepare various forms of correspondence as required to internal and external customers;
- Identify physical security shortfalls and provide innovative solutions to achieve, maintain, and balance security compliance.
- Monitor and manage assigned security programs, projects, and operations and provide management with status reports and recommendations.
- Assess and establish policies that ensure the following risks, whether operational, systems, people and processes are managed in accordance with the Security Risk Management Register.
- Maintain all records, or other files as needed and ensure the information is filed correctly.
- Take appropriate internal disciplinary action against staff/ contractors that commit any form of crime related breach against the company.
- Recommend physical security countermeasures.
- Investigate matters of crime that directly impact the company.
- Initiate criminal action against persons after consultation with line management.
- Testify in criminal courts, C.C.M.A. and labour courts should the need arise.