Job LevelSnr Management
This senior manager role is responsible for the creation, adoption and maintenance of Liquid Telecoms talent & performance strategy and high potential talent pool and development strategy. Support the senior leadership team with challenges as it relates to assessing, motivating, developing and rewarding their teams. Leverage human capital data to deliver innovative yet practical talent solutions that help drive performance in our dynamic, rapidly changing business environment while providing quality assurance as it relates to performance, certifications and audits.
Minimum Requirements of Job
- 3 or 4-year degree (B degree or B degree + Honours) in HR or appropriate NQF level qualification.
- 5 years experience in HR OR 6+ years experience in a technical field 3 of which to be operating in a specialist role.
SKILL & COMPETENCE REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIC TO THE ROLE Minimum Requirements:
- Liquid Telecom Orientation
- Performance Development
- Influencing and negotiating
- Leading and Rewarding Performance
- Project management
- Presentation skills
- Lateral Thinking
- Team work
- Managing complexity
- Managing Complexity and Diversity
- Handling Discipline in the Workplace
- Facilitating workshops in a Change Environment
- Knowledge of Human Resources Management philosophy, policies, practices and systems.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, or tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance.
- Knowledge of compensation concepts, principles, and practices, including pay and leave administration and compensation flexibilities.
- Knowledge of HR concepts, principles, and practices related to retirement, insurance, injury compensation, and other employee benefits programs.
- Knowledge of labour laws, rules, regulations, principles, and practices related to employee conduct, performance, and dispute resolution.
- Knowledge of HR management concepts, principles, and practices related to identifying and analyzing HR processes, translating functional requirements into technical requirements, and delivering and maintaining HR information systems.
- Knowledge of HR concepts, principles, and practices related to identifying, attracting, and selecting individuals and placing them into positions to address changing organizational needs.
- Knowledge of HR concepts, principles, and practices related to determining workload projections and current and future competency gaps to align human capital with organizational goals.
- Knowledge of classification concepts, principles, and practices related to structuring organizations and positions and determining the appropriate pay system, occupational grouping, title, and pay level of positions.
Talent and Leadership strategy execution
- Execute the talent development strategy aimed at strengthening the leadership bench for LTSA.
- Manage, coordinate and implement processes for talent management, coach and partner with HR and line in how to successfully execute these processes and initiatives to ensure long term impact.
- Implement and guide annual Talent Review process and ensure consistent methodology and outcomes at LTSA.
- Ensure the alignment and integration of initiatives with business and HR strategies;
- Work with HR to ensure developmental plans and experiences are in place and executed to prepare leaders for future assignments for critically identified talent;
- In partnership with HR Business Partners and HR Generalists, direct the execution of all talent processes.
- Facilitate briefings for leaders on topics that pertain to leadership, developing bench strength and performance management.
- Act responsible for management of talent management data integrity and compliance across LTSA.
- Manage local implementation of global processes (Global Employee Survey, Performance Management, Personnel and Organizational Conferences, Assessments and other relevant Programs, etc.) to include driving the planning; ensuring line engagement, participation and partnership; tracking trends and themes both internally and against external benchmarks, vendor management and metrics.
- Maintain external visibility to development and trends in the TM/LD field; engage in external networks and access state-of-the-art external expertise where necessary to be able to provide state-of-the art support and advice in the TM/LD field to the organization.
Ensure that performance of Human Capital is managed appropriately
- Design and implementation of a performance management system for the organization including the monitoring thereof
- Provision of expertise around the management of human capital for the various business units through reporting on human capital trends against specific objectives e.g. BBBEE, training plans etc.
- Ensuring that all performance contracts, reviews and development plans are completed for the various business units and submitted to HR for analysis.
- Provision of a retention and succession planning strategy in line with the current and future business requirements.
Management of Stakeholders (Internal and External)
- Provision of human capital talent management advice and expertise to line of business and other related business partners.
- Tapping into available resource pools and providing innovative solutions to existing and new talent through partnerships with external institutions (i.e. academic, legislative and corporate).
Learning & Development
- Conduct needs assessment to determine next generation of leadership and high potential programmes at Liquid Telecom.
- As needed and where enterprise programs do not exist, develop customized high potential leadership programs (e.g., Senior Leadership Programmes, emerging talent programs, generation based interventions, etc.)
- Design and deliver custom learning programmes.
- Support development of a learning culture across LTSA.
- Work collaboratively with the Talent and Performance team to measure programs and manage ongoing program improvements.
Design and delivery of Talent Management expertise and advice
- Project management of strategic talent management initiatives.
- Provision of talent management expertise to the organization so as to ensure that the business strategy is met.
- Liaison with senior and executive leadership to ensure continued development of the human capital.
Management of Resources (Human and Financial)
- Ensures that all human resources are appropriately managed in terms of performance and development including career development initiatives.
- Regular meetings held with staff to discuss progress of individual areas of accountability.
- Assist with staffing and budgeting projections on each business unit.
- Ensures that the spend within the business unit complies with business plan and organisational processes.