Job LevelTop Management
To be responsible to manage the end-to end payroll function for Liquid Telecom South Africa. Develop and maintain efficient payroll processes, systems and controls. Complies with legislative requirements and manages all payroll activities related to salary, overtime, shift allowances and employee benefits.
Minimum Requirements of Job
- Essential B Com degree or relevant Degree in Finance
- Human Resources background essential.
- + 7years' experience within a Payroll department, with 3 years' experience managing staff, knowledge of overseeing the Payroll department,
- Expert Knowledge of VIP Payroll systems and reporting
- Ability to manage and lead a team, show initiative, excellent interpersonal ability, good written and oral communication.
- Ability to articulate legislative requirements and train staff on legislative changes.
Skill and competence requirements essential to the role:
- Analytical accounting skills.
- Ability to interact at all levels.
- General HR philosophies and functions.
- Specialist remuneration management.
- HR Information Management Systems.
- Financial skills and tax.
- Computer literacy - Oracle/SAP knowledge.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Creative, analytical, lateral and holistic thinking abilities.
- Management skills (planning, organising, problem solving and so on).
- People and job output management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of payroll systems.
- Problem solving ability, analytical and numeracy skills.
Payroll Management -Develop and maintain remuneration systems, policies and procedures.
- Administer and manage payroll systems
- Align, coordinate and monitor the total reward system for the organisation.
- Preparation and reconciliation of monthly general ledger salary journals
- Manage and develop an effective HR pay administration team.
- Manage ad hoc projects.
- Administering payrolls, month end consolidation and processing support as required.
- Authorize and approve 3rd party payments for payroll
Employee benefits administration.
- Liaising with management and staff regarding pay enquiries
- Comply with Workers compensation co-ordination
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Interpret, understand and train staff on medical aid and pension fund rules.
- Ensure that strict document controls are in place to protect employee information.
Ensure regulatory & audit compliance.
- Ability to interpret National and regulatory tax laws
- Calculation, payment, submission and reconciliation of payroll tax
- Payroll audit (s) and reconciliations.
- Complies with legislative requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Preparation and support for annual increases.
- Prepare statistics for monthly reports and ad hoc reports.
- Preparation and reconciliation of payment summaries
- Report on leave liability
- Statistical extracts; Skills development information; Employment Equity Information
VIP Payroll and ESS Maintenance
- Understand System upgrades
- Complete IRP5 and WCA reports
- Tax and legal updates
- ESS Structure changes
- Uploading Info Slips
- Sage Premier HR Knowledge and Application