A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable. Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It for The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
Responsible for the development of reports, dashboards, KPI scorecards, and visualizations. This position is part of the Business Analytics team, and the individual will be extensively experienced with report, dashboard, and KPI development in SSRS, Power BI and will have an advanced understanding of relational databases and SQL with experience in Multidimensional and Tabular models using Microsoft Business Intelligence tools.
The role will collaborate closely with other business stakeholders to ensure that analytical applications capitalise on all available data, enabling users to make sound decisions and achieve greater business outcomes. Key to this role are the skills, abilities and techniques required to understand business requirements and identify the best BI and system solutions including the exploration of viable options and alternatives for delivering reports, Self-Service BI, dashboards and ad-hoc items.
This role will further focus on partnering with cross-functional team members to create datasets and reporting to be used enterprise wide. The role will work with analysts and developers to identify future data needs, improve current reports, and uses expertise to look for ways to continually improve processes that are manually executed today. Serve as the primary contact for reports developed by the Business Intelligence team, trains new users on reporting systems, and develops training materials and change management plans. The selected candidate will be a key player in delivering high quality services and support that meet the unique needs of the business.
Includes a level of customer satisfaction by assuring the quality, stability, and performance of the Liquid Telecom business intelligence and reporting product infrastructure and offerings.
Minimum Requirements of Job
- Ideally the incumbent will be a credible professional with a high level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Extensive experience in developing Business Intelligence solutions (reports, dashboards, scorecards) in a data warehousing environment and building BI and data visualisations for analytic solutions.
- Analytical Skills, working with large amounts of data, facts and figures and number crunching.
- Communication Skills, excellent documentation, report writing and presentation skills. Ability to translate data findings into an understandable document.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to details, being very vigilant in the analysis to ensure correct and accurate outcomes.
- High work ethic and independent work capability.
- Able to work collaboratively with colleagues, customers and stakeholders at various levels and cross-culturally.
- Be a vocal contributor to the growth and evolution of the business intelligence function by sharing best practices, innovative techniques, and lessons learnt.
- Detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples).
- Knowledge and experience working with the Microsoft BI stack and QlikView.
- 6+ years of experience in a highly scalability, highly available commercial development environment.
- Relevant data management and analytical skills with the ability to overlay the business understanding of the data.
- SSAS, SSRS, Power BI, Power BI Reporting Server, Power BI Mobile, Report Builder and other related Report writing tools.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of OLAP technologies and dimensional modelling, including applicability to various reporting problems.
- Understanding of ICT, Telecommunications industry.
- This role will engage actively with the Business Analyst and business end users to document business requirements.
- Ability to work with big and structured and unstructured datasets.
- Mine and analyse large datasets, draw valid inferences and present them successfully to management using a reporting tool.
- Collect, manipulate and analyse data from various sources within the organisation.
- Analyse numbers, identify trends and come to new conclusions based on findings.
- Perform investigative and root cause analysis
- Develop and support reporting processes.
- Monitor and audit data quality.
- Well-developed analytical skills and strong problem-solving.
- The ability to understand business questions/pain points and alleviate with supporting data.
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of enterprise data and BI environments for both external and internal users.
- Review data to ensure accuracy and validity for reports.
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
- Perform assessment on all reporting requirements and align to BI framework for various reporting solutions.
- Develop and implement business intelligence architecture plans.
- Engage with the Business Analyst to compile and ensure implementation of enterprise data standards such as a common business vocabulary, naming conventions, data standards, transformation rules and related enterprise consistency specifications.
- Act as an escalation point for any BI service issues within organisation.
- Actively manage these relationships and expectations to ensure user satisfaction.
- Confers with management to respond to questions and concerns from various business units within the organization in a timely manner.
Design & Develop Reports & Dashboards
- Design and build quality reporting and data visualization solutions to meet targeted business needs.
- Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented for your sphere of influence.
- Deliver business insights to specific problems and opportunities and make the relevant recommendations to best utilise these insights.
- Create presentations to communicate data in visual and written formats using online tools.
- Write test cases and scenarios based on business requirements.
- SQL Server Querying experience, enough to work with and test data
Data Integrity & Accuracy
- Strong focus on service, quality, and delivery with flexibility to multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Experience managing confidential data with the utmost discretion.
- Monitor validity of data provided to users to ensure data quality.
- Corrects errors and resolves discrepancies with data and reports to ensure data quality.
Training & Continuous Improvement
- Drive and implement change and continuous improvement within the area of Business Intelligence.
- Responsible for user training creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for driving reporting and analytics adoption and excitement within the user community.
- Assembles performance statistics, analyses them, and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Own the BI relationship with various stakeholders in the organisation.
- Promote analytic usage and skills among users.
- Educate the business users regarding the capability of the BI tools enabling uptake of automation features.
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve BI marketing.
- Analyse business processes and identifying areas for improvement.
- Strong focus on service, quality, and delivery with flexibility to multi-task in order to meet deadlines.
- Stay abreast of new tools, enhancements and technologies to enable and enhance innovative analytics initiatives.
- Leading and demonstrating new tools and enhancements tools and concepts to teams in the organisation.