The Retail Sales Consultant is required to operate a within a retail store, by ensuring that the sales target is achieved monthly and abide to all operational processes and provide excellent customer service at all times.
Minimum Requirements of Job
- Grade 12 or higher education
- A minimum of 2 years' retail experience in a sales environment.
- Experience in telecom / technology sales
- Basic computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills (English and one other
- relevant official language)
- Experience in all aspects of customer experience management including customer
- query/complaint resolution
- Ability to negotiate and operate in a pressurized environment
- Experience in petty cash and stock holding
- Achieve targets for Retail sales, merchandising and conducting in-store promotions.
- Independently apply various methods of cold calling to drive feet into the store in order to convert foot traffic into sales (cold calling inside and outside of the Retail Store).
- Adhere to the sales process with a view to grow revenue within the existing and new customer base
- Achieve a sales target set by the Store Manager/ Senior Management
- Abide by the sales process and initial device set up.
- Advise customers on the location, selection, price, delivery, use and care of goods available
- from the company
- Take special orders for items not in stock
- Assist customers with all different types of enquiries and requests
- Adhere to the process of administration activities, e.g. banking, RICA, stock ordering, sales application process and weekly/monthly stock takes
- Operate cash registers and accept payment, prepare finance arrangements (e.g. invoices and contracts)
- Forward planning for the retail store in terms of service demand, stock, point of sale and other ad hoc activities
- Package goods for customers and arranging delivery
- Pricing, stacking and displaying items for sale and keeping the store tidy and attractive
- Arrange for the repair of damaged goods or advising on needed repairs
- Adhere to company purchase and transaction procedures without fail
- Protect all company assets and handling store level loss prevention issues as necessary
- Maintain a clean and friendly sales area
- Being aware of health, safety and welfare issues and practices
- Maintain impeccable accuracy and have flawless execution in interaction with each and every customer
- Understand and communicate products and services to the customer based on their specific needs or requirements, and process applications and transactions on the relevant systems
- Order stock accordingly.
- Conduct business professionally and ethically by adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Effectively maintain the required multi-lateral relationships with customers thereby ensuring continued loyalty and support.
- Work across the organisation to drive support for business growth and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with staff and customers
- Deal with customer queries and complaints in a calm and prepared manner