Integral part of the Presales Team responsible for defining Metro Ethernet products and managing solution lifecycle from sales right to implementation.
The Network Solutions Architect is required to transform high level customer network designs and create low level technical details enabling the solution to be implemented and supported.
The Ideal candidate would be an engineer in service provider industry with 5 year experience, responsible for Metro Ethernet and internet product definition, design and implementation and now want to move to a more customer facing role.
Minimum Requirements of Job
- Degree in a technical field.
- Professional industry qualifications; ideally CCIE Service Provider or JNCIE, MEF CECP or similar.
- Solid background in service provider and IP network spanning different disciplines included but not limited to;
- Carrier Ethernet solutions; L2VPN and Layer3 VPN solutions
- Routing, switching, BGP and MPLS knowledge
- Transmission and service planning and design; SDH, DWDM and optical systems.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in telecoms service provider IP environment, preferably still on the rise.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven record for report writing and presentation skills
- Experience in delivering technical pitches would be a distinct advantage
To provide pre-sales support by:
- Accurately capturing customers requirements and optimally mapping those to Liquid Telecom international products and services.
- Transform high level designs into solutions, ensuring the solutions can be delivered and supported.
- Generating solution documentation for both internal and external stakeholders in the form of diagrams, documents and spreadsheets
- Own technical feasibility and deployment strategy of proposed solutions.
- Provide technical validation of solutions in conjunction with engineering teams.
- Provide bespoke solutions in collaboration with engineering teams where standard product sets are not available.
- Consulting with stakeholders at technical level to understand, define and derive requirements.
- Work with Product teams and contribute to new products design.
- Complex and exceptional fault / problem management (not BAU) as part of senior network team.
- Ownership of personal projects allocated as part of the Group Engineering team.
- Mentoring and technical leadership.