Job LevelNon Management
Ensure Liquid Telecom resources are deployed and utilised effectively to enable network facility infrastructure, equipment and services to be deployed and maintained as per standard operating procedures maintaining the highest level of infrastructure and service availability.
Minimum Requirements of Job
- Grade 12
- Minimum Code EB drivers licence
- T3/S4 National Diploma or appropriate NQF level qualification
Air conditioning or Refrigeration trade test qualification & Electrical Trade Test Qualification
- Recognition of Prior Learning (conditional on satisfactory capability assessment)
- Wiremans license will be advantageous
- Minimum 15 years operational experience in Telco or Value Added Service Provider environments.
- Sound technical background in all fields of telecommunications.
- Team management and personnel development track record.
- 3-5+ years experience in a Facilities type role, with a specific focus on environments with:
Air conditioners, chillers, pumps, and CRAC units
Generators, mobile and fixed
Environmental Monitoring and Control systems
Facility construction / relocation
Building Facility maintenance
DC supply infrastructure and distribution systems
- Contractor management including:
Liaising with contractors to develop scope of work / schedule of services required to address business requirements.
Budget and Procurement activities required to engage contractor support.
Engagement with contractors to initiate delivery, monitor and direct progress and certify completion of deliverables.
- When requested, be willing to provide information or reports to assist the efforts of other global teams, functions, or departments.
- Is aware of regional and global organizational structures and procedures.
Planning and Organising
- Participating, hands-on approach with a walk the floor management style, making regular contact with field staff.
- Personally, supervise repair of major breakdowns, on site if necessary, until services are restored.
- Excellent motivational skills
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Establishes and uses effective procedures and systems to monitor and track activities to ensure successful achievement of goals and projects.
- Identify and articulate potential risks or problem areas in plans.
- Considers the impact of decisions and actions within boundaries of own team and sphere of influence.
- Understands both the formal and informal power structure of the organization and knows who can influence decisions.
- Effectively develops networks for mutual assistance and knowledge exchange.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of HR policies and procedures.
- Identifies the critical elements of a problem and alternative ways of resolving it.
- Seeks help when necessary
- Conveys knowledge and credibility with effective structuring of ideas, opinions and information, in writing and verbal.
- Listens carefully to the content of information being conveyed; asks clarifying questions to ensure understanding of others' messages.
- Be computer literate (have a working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and Outlook e-mail)
- Uses processes within own team and operates within existing guidelines.
- Applies professional, technical, and operational experience to continuously improve service quality.
- Initiates professional contact outside of work team, when required by job role.
- Maintains relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Develop own technical and supervisory competence on a continual basis and achieve a satisfactory standard on courses attended.
- Shows willingness to adjust to new work processes, environment, or requirements.
- Must be prepared to work extended hours on an ad-hoc basis
- Coach and team leader rather than a manager.
Responsible for the coordination of maintenance, installation and remedial repairs of all Telco Facility services and associated equipment:
- Ensure adherence to laid down performance standards and quality benchmarks of all work activities to maintain network uptime and performance.
- Coordinate out scheduled maintenance and report any non-conformances.
- Ensure system security is maintained according to defined information security policy, procedure and standards.
- Responsible for assistance or escalation coordination in the fault localization process.
- Create effective maintenance procedure and control measures to continuously optimise maintenance resources. (Both remedial and preventative)
- Resource coordination and outcome monitoring to ensure maintenance of all telecom associated equipment.
- Coordination of installation, commissioning and maintenance of equipment and services to the required standard of technical performance, according to Service Level Agreements and other commitments to Business segments.
- Ensure the security of Liquid Telecoms assets against vandalism, theft and acts of nature.
- In solving problems, use an analytic approach to identify the root cause(s), generate alternative solutions, select the best solution for the situation, overcome obstacles and implement to achieve a satisfactory solution.
- Validate site plans of installations.
- Asset Management
- Record system statistics and evaluate system performance as might be required on an ad-hoc basis.
- Manage problems across (other) networks and technologies.
Management of all stakeholders within sphere of control
- Performance and first line Personnel management of direct reports and associated subordinates.
- Plan installations and Management of medium to large projects.
- Comply with the requirements of Liquid Telecom and Clients OHS programs
- Responsible for co-ordination between Field Services, customers and internal stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- Report regularly to the Regional Manager, both written and verbally, on all responsibilities and objectives.
- Ensure that all work activities are properly recorded. Monitor completion of Job Cards/faults in detail.
- Attend site meetings with private contractors when required.
- Monitor vehicle care and general maintenance as required by the vehicle policy.
- Monitor correct care and handling of associated tools and test equipment.
- Participate in the organisations continual job performance evaluation system