A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
Further information can be found at www.Liquidtelecom.com
To provide leadership to the LTSA Channel and SME Sales segment by directing the development of short and long-range objectives, strategy, policies, budgets and operating plans for the segment. Establishes organisational hierarchy and delegate limits of authority to subordinates in relation to legal, people, financial and operational issues. Maintain and grow sales and revenue from existing and new clients and secure profit contribution by managing a division, establishing and accomplishing business objectives.
Minimum Requirements of Job
- B. Degree or a minimum of a 3-year tertiary education from a recognized public education institution.
- Post-Graduate Diploma or Masters Degree such as MBA/MBL
- Minimum 8-10 Years of channel sales and development experience
- Minimum 8 years experience in a leadership role.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Experience in developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Proven track record in sales and solution selling.
- Proven track record in managing a channel and direct sales team with over +100M ZAR accountability.
- In-depth knowledge of the telecommunications industry.
- Good understanding of technology, products and services in the South African Telecoms Markets.
- Strong technical know-how, good managerial skills and drive to lead manage the team, acumen towards creating business plans and strategic initiatives.
- Knowledge about regulatory norms in South Africa.
- Managing business from start to growing it to become profitable in the shortest period time.
- Ability to identify key strategic initiatives and drive to closure.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating and change management.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures.
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to identify and secure revenue sources.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously direct several projects.
Executive Business Engagement / Accountability:
- Develop the business strategy into operational execution plans, objectives and monitoring mechanisms to ensure that the strategy is under execution while being closely monitored for success.
- Manage multiple business priorities concurrently while delivering on the business as usual requirements of the company.
- Understand and operationalize the complexities of the companies operating model to focus on quarterly and annual objectives.
- Develop areas of improvement across own business unit and interfaces with other business units to contribute towards a more streamlined business operation.
- Investigate and understand impact analysis of the business unit as it relates to the companies operating model.
- Manage the impact of the business unit function to ensure that the company objectives and targets are met.
- Develop an understanding of the departments cost structures to enable granular tracking of OPEX and CAPEX.
- Develop an understanding of the departments revenue contribution and or revenue influence to enable granular tracking of quarterly targets.
- Develops the necessary plan/s to ensure that the team(s) meets agreed goals and objectives.
- Coach and mentor own team members as well as other employees in the company for performance improvement and career development.
- Contributes to the develop of communities of practice in the company, with aim of driving continuous improvement and innovation.
Operationalise the segment strategy:
- Concise understanding and knowledge of each of the various segment verticals Public Sector, Government Enterprise, SMB and Wholesale.
- Drive new business development through an effective channel and partnership programme.
- Drive the strategic segment plan to advance the segments strategic goals and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability and growth.
- Plan, develop and implement new and ongoing channel strategies for generating resources and/or revenue for the company with a particular focus on digital transformation.
- Formulate and execute strategic policies.
- Review LTSA policy matters and ensure they are carried out.
- Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
- Evaluate performance of employees for compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives.
- Represent the company at legislative sessions, committee meetings and at formal functions.
- Promote the company to local, regional and national constituencies.
- Relationship building with stakeholders at a high level.
- High level of knowledge of channel partners and resellers.
- Responsible for achieving revenue and ACV/TCV targets.
Management of Sales Segment:
- Develop sales strategy for the segment to achieve annual target.
- Effectively manage channel conflict across the respective sales segments.
- Constantly attempt to grow profit levels through innovative ideas, new business and channel partner enhancement.
- Lead team (through Sales Managers) or directly to understand the competitor landscape and the associated strategies, plans, competitive positioning and trading methods to create an effect partnering model.
- Oversee day to day operations of the Indirect segment.
- Provide strategic direction to the Indirect segment based on targets and market dynamics.
- Focus on short-term and long-term objectives.
- Engage with channel partners to win business for LTSA and to ensure excellence in the channel partner experience/
- Provide inputs on investments based on Indirect Partners and Resellers growth plans, market trends, emerging growth markets and business needs.
Management of sales targets:
- Achieve the current defined targets ACV (Annual Contract Value) within the approved Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
Maintain current revenue run-rate business within the established account portfolio.
- Using Salesforce.com as the tool to ensure accurate qualification and forecasting of the account pipeline via building sales and account specific development plans for the designated territory to meet the annual revenue and margin goals.
- Oversee operations to include evaluating operating and financial performance.
- Provide accurate monthly sales forecasts and program updates, while ensuring that pipeline/funnel development activities aligns with sales strategy and business objectives.
- Develop all business opportunities that are strategic from a revenue perspective or complex in nature, requiring high-level complex selling skills.
- Focus on segment planning including revenue (and profit) and product forecasts for the customer base as well as for the major Channel Partners.
- Maintain Budget revenue for the business, and provide input to the Cost of Sales.
- Plan ahead for the organisation in terms of service demand, operational roll out, capacity take up and working capital.
- Provide end to end revenue assurance with pipeline forecast, including expected demand for the business on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Management of internal and external stakeholders:
- Monitor the management of SLAs.
- Focus business on Channel Partners & Resellers targeting.
- Develop and implement a strategic sales plan with a view to grow revenue within existing and new Channel Partners and Resellers.
- Effectively maintain the required multi-lateral relationships with Channel Partners & Resellers thereby ensuring continued loyalty and support.
- Maintain high levels of productivity and motivation within the account management and sales division.
- Pro-actively liaise with other company functions (e.g. product management / marketing / finance / operations) aimed at maximizing profitable revenue growth and servicing the nominated account to the highest quality standards.
- Establish resilient relationships at Senior Management level with our Strategic Partners.
- Engage with the marketing team to position Liquid Telecom in the market.
- Leverage technology, manage and support the sales and external partnering processes.
- Work closely with internal teams - technical, commercial, product management and other support teams to ensure close link between customer requirements and our ability to deliver excellent service.
- Establish strategic partnerships in the Industry.
- Display leadership skills and thus be able to motivate the team in order to achieve synergy.
- Drive the Performance Management process and ensure clear understanding within the Indirect segment.
- Embed Coaching management in the business by conducting coaching sessions and sourcing formal training if required.
- Participate in selected KRA discussions and on request as well as BU Consistency Check meetings (chair).
- Advise line managers on the requirements of the discipline, capability and grievance processes and monitor their adherence to it.
- Develop career management plans for identified roles together with line managers.
- Identify "Talent" by analysing KRA-ratings and participating in next lines career development interviews.
- Monitor and advise on poor Performance Improvement Plans (PIP's) for poor performers together with line managers.
- Develop detailed annual succession plans for the respective area/s for Talent roles and ensure traction.
- Review absenteeism and time keeping information for the supported business area monthly and raise any potential red flags with the line managers in the area. Develop action plans to mitigate and or manage where required.
- Support/Challenge collated training needs submitted to the Learning & Development Team to ensure alignment to personal development plans as identified in the Performance.
- Monitor effectiveness of training interventions and make adjustments where required.
- Plan resources for own business unit in order to meet recruitment demands