A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
"We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have." - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right - and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone - from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Don't Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This 'can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there - we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
Further information can be found at www.Liquidtelecom.com
To direct the overall Customer Service Delivery, Network Operations, Service Management Line of Business and to ensure that LTSA has the required capability to deliver customer network products and services to achieve the short, medium and long term Strategic Objectives. Providing strategic guidelines and overall management of Service Delivery & Network Operations, Service Assurance & NOC, Advanced Solutions Delivery, Service Management as well as Off-Net & Wireless departments
Minimum Requirements of Job
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Telecommunications or similar
- Post graduate Degree or Masters Degree e.g. MBA
- 15 years Telecommunications (Fixed / Wireless), Engineering Design and Delivery of Networks, Network Operations and Enterprise and Consumer Customer network service delivery and similar, with approximately 10 to 12 years in a Senior Management position
- Experience in Telecommunications will be an added advantage
Service Delivery and Operations Strategy & Business Planning: Weight:
- In conjunction with the LTSA Executive Management Team, participates in and contributes to the Strategic Business Plan for SD and Operations as well as ASD, Off Net / On-Net:
- Carrying out market and spatial analysis and demand forecasting in conjunction with Enterprise and Consumer Business Units
- Directing the high-level architecture and design to, and for the SD & Customer, including expertise evaluation and selection, research, identification and development of Customer network requirements
- Managing the network products and services for entire lifecycle to ensure sustainability and operational efficiency;
- Developing the 3 to 5-year Strategic Plan for LTSA, devolving this into the SD & Customer Annual Operating Plan with agreed objectives and targets
- Ensuring SD & Customer satisfaction into Africa.
- Service Delivery, Offnet & Wireless partnerships, Advanced Solution delivery in market leadership
- Ensures that LTSA is viewed as the SD Leader in the market;
- Manages the various partnership relationships within our large tailored Key Stakeholders on ASD / Offnet & Wireless viz
- Transnet, WCG, ECG, Nedbank etc, and other associated services
- Represents LTSA as official spokesperson on SD, ASD, Offnet & Wireless matters and providing technical support and inputs on regulatory matters.
Financial Management and Control:
- Provides guidance to the Executives and other CEOs (OPCOs) in the consolidation of the Departmental budgets;
- Consolidates the budget proposals from the Executives annually, and submits the Offnet, ASD, SD & Operations Financial Budget to the CFO and CEO, and prepare Budget for Board and Group
- Prepares and presents the relevant Business Case for improving and expansion of the Offnet, ASD, SD & Operations and other initiatives national
- Ensures that the investment is executed through the relevant Executives and Senior Managers, of Service Management, Offnet, ASD, SD, Implementation & Operations
- Manages the ROI and Total Cost of Ownership for all projects in collaboration with the CFO and CEO.
- Opex (Direct and Indirect)
- Plans and monitors the operational expense with respect to existing and future Offnet, ASD, SD & Operations expenses;
- Provides a total cost of ownership and ROI in terms of operational costs related to SD & Customer expansions.
- Monitors the Offnet, ASD, SD & Operations monthly through the Executive, and identifies and addresses variances.
Network Direction and Management:
- Planning and Quality management for Offnet, ASD, SD & Operations
- Manages the capacity / dimensions planning and the quality for and of the SD & Customer through the Executives;
- Regulatory Compliance
- Ensures that the Licence obligations and compliance for the network On-net and offnet service delivery are adhered to through the Executives
- Attends and participates in forums and workshops arranged by the Regulatory authority
- Manages the overall Service Delivery of the Products and Services. Identify and service new Customers and maintain current Customers as per LTSA Sales and Customer requirements;
- Ensures that the Service Delivery supports and ensures the required revenue as per Industry and Customer requirements;
- Monitors and proposes solutions to Offnet, ASD, SD & Operations with regards to the LTSA network;
- Enables implementation of solutions for the Passive network (such as power, cooling and civil works);
- Measures, through the Executives, close co-operation with Offnet, ASD, SD & Operations to achieve SD / Customer satisfaction and KPI objectives
Advanced Solutions Delivery:
- Negotiates with strategic stakeholders in the delivery of key projects (such as WCG, ECG, Transnet, Nedbank, ABSA etc.)
- Ensures that the networks Project Plans (for WCG, ECG etc) are developed and managed to meet LTSA and customer objectives.
- Communicates the project plans associated with key strategic drivers to all stakeholders and users, informs and agrees the action plan;
- Oversees and authorises the project budget, disseminates the data to the stakeholders, and submits to the CEO and CFO for final approval;
- Ensures, through the Executives, the completion of the projects as per project milestones, identifies variances and takes corrective action;
- Ensures that the project is delivered on budget, brief and time, signs off the Project and informs the CFO and CEO
- Advanced delivery of 5 to 10 year term projects, multi billion rand.
Customer Service Delivery & Operations:
- Manages the availability and quality delivery of products / services to LTSA Customers and other OPCOs through pro-active and re-active processes;