A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
Further information can be found at www.Liquidtelecom.com
This role works to significantly increase the cloud and digital services market position and achieve financial growth. Furthermore the incumbent defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions and helps manage existing and potential clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. Engages and represents Liquid Telecom at highest levels of both private and public sector, maintains and builds strategic relationships.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- Business Management Degree focusing on Marketing, Sales, Products and similar
- MBA including one or more of the above subjects - Desirable
Job Related Experience Required
- 8 - 10 years experience in Cloud and Digital Sales with demonstrable experience in the accomplishment and exceeding goals
- 8 - 10 years additional proven experience providing innovative sales development strategies resulting in high potential sales performance is necessary
Job Related Knowledge Required
- Understanding of the cloud and digital services, telecoms industry, competitive landscape, trends and market positioning;
- Approach and methodology to identify and acquire key Customers;
- Retention of existing Customers with focus on cloud and digital services upsell.
- Skills and knowledge required by the Key Account Managers and Sales Teams; The application of the NPS strategy
Job Related Skills Required
- Ability to ensure the development of the Sales Teams in the soft skills (motivate, inspire, lead and be a team player) to enable achievement of targets,
- Commercial acumen;
- Demonstrate a successful record of accomplishing goals;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to analyse and solve problems reaching a logical decision;
- Ability to communicate and present complex situations clearly and logically
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients with cloud and digital opportunities and drive increased revenue.
- Ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. * Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and companys practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. * Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the clients needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. *Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the companys CRM.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with bid office staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Understand the companys goal and purpose so that will continue to enhance the companys performance.
- Work with technical staff and other internal departments to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Executive oversight on strategic customer projects
- Serves as an intermediary between organisations to ensure continuous support
Customer Experience Management
- Ensures strategic fit for Customer in line with the strategic direction of the customer business and advises the relevant CxOs accordingly;
- Ensures through that we maintain and improve CSAT within the customer segment.
- Oversees the initiatives and measures put in place to improve CSAT are implemented accordingly.
- Maintains liaison with relevant functions in LTSA (such as Marketing, Product, Delivery, Finance and Networks and Sales) to ensure a seamless and successful Customer Experience capability.
- Ensure carry through of agreed design and Implementations for customer initiatives are fulfilled
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the companys unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Deal Planning and Execution
- Drive and monitor customer deals to minimise churn on existing strategic deals and track progress on identified new customers;
- Handle escalations raised by team, if any, related to deal execution and deal governance.
- Contribute to the business strategy into operational execution plans, objectives and monitoring mechanisms to ensure that the strategy is under execution while being closely monitored for success.
- Manage multiple business priorities concurrently while delivering on the business as usual requirements of the account team.
- Understand and operationalize the complexities of the teams operating model to focus on quarterly and annual objectives.
- Develop areas of improvement across own business unit and interfaces with other business units to contribute towards a more streamlined business operation.
- Investigate and understand impact analysis of the business unit as it relates to the companies operating model.
- Contribute to the impact of the business unit function to ensure that the company objectives and targets are met.
- Develop an understanding of the departments revenue contribution and or revenue influence to enable granular tracking of quarterly targets.
- Develops the necessary plan/s to ensure that the team(s) meets agreed goals and objectives.
- Coach and mentor own team members as well as other employees in the company for performance improvement and career development.
- Contributes to the development of best practice in the cloud and digital services industry, with aim of driving continuous improvement and innovation.