A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
Further information can be found at www.Liquidtelecom.com
To be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the collections process for Enterprise and SMME customers. This includes resolving customer queries, account reconciliation, and problem solving of customer disputes in line with LTSAs policies and procedures.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- Qualification: Diploma in Credit Management / Finance
Job Related Experience Required
- 3 - 5 years experience in the Corporate Collection environment / similar environment
Job Related Knowledge Required
- Credit industry trends
Job Related Skills Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems with customers
- Computer literate (Excel essential)
Meet collections Targets and DSO Metrics
- Ensures that the monthly Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) targets are met.
- Ensures that the monthly collections targets are achieved
- Communicate and follow up with debtors (nationally and internationally) to facilitate payment within the average collection days
Handling Customer Queries
- Resolves customer queries and provides resolutions timeously
- Accurately provides Ad-hoc provision of invoices and customer account statements to customers to facilitate payment on timely basis.
- Execute action plans set up by management on collection of overdue invoices as the per age analysis.
Internal Audit Findings and Ad-hoc projects
- Perform ad-hoc projects related to collections as per business requirements.
- Comply to all audit requirements
- Initiate action plans set up by management on collection of overdue invoices per age analysis - reduction in debtors amount outstanding in 90+ days bucket as on 1 March (excluding contractual dispute cases)
- Ensures that the credit extended to customers must be managed and controlled.
- Scrutinized all bank accounts for deposits and debtor related amounts and ensure they are timeously cleared to avoid customer disputes.