A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
Further information can be found at www.Liquidtelecom.com
To ensure completeness, accuracy and completeness of all revenue streams. To conduct analysis, mapping, development and monitoring of revenue related controls
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- Qualification: Degree in Finance / IT
Job Related Experience Required
- Experience in a similar or related environment
Job Related Knowledge Required
- Working knowledge of Telecoms industry
- Innovation driven
- Team player
Execute controls per required frequency
- Validation of test bills to ensure accurate rating (Rate checks, rerating of CDR's etc.)
- Ensuring identified variances are closed before bill run
- Ensuring completeness of usage across end to end systems
- Ensuring that rates used for billing are accurate
- All rejected events are re-processed before bill run
- Ensure that recons are signed off and uploaded into remedy monthly
- Billing accuracy checks i.e. Discounts, Special rates, Adjustments
- Ensuring positive margins are maintained by analysing rates as per agreed frequencies
Trend identification and business reporting of RA leakages to functional heads and process owners, and follow-up to facilitate resolution to within KPI per control (manual)
- Identified and reported variances in trends to direct manager
- Initiatives taken to address variances with relevant stakeholders
- Process and system efficiency initiatives provided for anomalies in trends
- Identified and proposed improvements on controls to optimize efficiency or scope
Audit data requirements
- Provided data requested accurately and within 36 hours of receipt of request
- Maintaining current audit evaluation of above average
- No critical or major findings from audits executed on own controls and area
- Updating MIS with results from own controls by 6th of the month
- Providing input data on the Losses and Recoveries by the 6th of the month