A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
Further information can be found at www.Liquidtelecom.com
Responsible for managing the warehousing operations of the Third Party Logistics (3PL) Liquid Telecom SA warehouses within the Warehouse and Logistics function.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- Diploma/Higher National Certificate
Job Related Experience Required
- 2 to 4 years experience in similar or related environment
- Minimum 2-4 years experience within a Supply Chain or Telecoms environment
- Technical Knowledge (Added Advantage)
- 3PL management and SLA management
Job Related Knowledge Required
- SAP R3 (MM Module)
- Word, Excel & Power point
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Warehousing & Logistics processes
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Business Ethics
- Receiving and inspection of Telecommunication goods and waybills
- Reverse Logistics
- Waste Management
Job Related Skills Required
- Pro-active self-starter
- Documentation management, report writing and administration
- Flexible to Adapt to rapidly changing environment
- Good interpersonal relationships/team player
- Coordinate the warehouse activities, including storage and distribution of inventory.
- Advises Third Party Logistics (3PL) warehouses of new deliveries at least 24 hours prior to delivery at warehouse, provides them with delivery information to ensure the 3PL provider is geared to accept delivery.
- Ensure equipment received in warehouse has no visible damage to equipment, if visible damage noticed on equipment, this equipment must go into quarantine & Manager Logistics to be informed.
- Ensure equipment received at warehouse is timeously GRNed on SAP so that accurate Stock on hand figures could be reported on
- Ensure safe guarding of assets at the various storage locations.
- Management of effective regional Reverse Logistics operations in the warehouse.
- Manage and be aware of material numbers/SKUs in warehouse/vendor held stock warehouses.
- Ensure that LTSA warehouses (leased and owned) are operated in a clean and safe environment with proper security and access control.
- Ensure Picking done according to First in first out (FIFO) principles
- Ensure Request for material from end users is satisfied on time
- Ensure proper material handling equipment is available at the warehouse.
- Ensure documentation received on time from 3PL providers to allow for timeous capturing on SAP for material issued.
- Drive optimal space management and consolidate orders to reduce 3PL costs
- Ensure the employment and maintenance of proper tools and/or systems to manage the Logistics function effectively and efficiently
- Ensure that Liquid Telecom has sufficient space for current and future requirements (including NEW warehouse/s).
- Effectively managing daily activities of the warehouse
- Conduct weekly cycle counts & quarterly counts at warehouses, ensure follow ups are done on variances
- Perform weekly reconciliations between stock on SAP vs warehouse management system.
- Inform Management to lodge claims against 3PL provider if stock cannot be accounted for.
- Inform Material Planning department of possible Stock outages in warehouse
- Prompt business and update them on stock ageing categories to ensure stock does not age in warehouse.
- Ensure inter warehouse transfers are done proactively to avoid stock out situations
- Follow up with end users on Logistics reports sent by Logistics management and measure deployment plans provided by Business.
- Inform Management of any faulty damaged equipment in warehouse so Provisions can be raised with Finance.
- Ensure proper reporting of stock for vendor held warehouses and management of consignment stock
- Ensure Stock losses, whether identified at LTSA owned/outsourced warehouses and/or vendor/consignment held stock are prevented
- Ensure the reduction of risk exposure to LTSA in terms of slow moving stock by implementing and driving plans to reduce slow moving stock
- Ensure that warehouse/s are sufficiently stocked and minimum stock levels are maintained (Consumption reporting vs Stock levels).
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety Management
- Ensuring zero major audit findings
- Ensuring material at warehouse stored in correct conditions, duct and fibre not kept for long periods in the sun light.
- Ensuring process within section are not expired, assist in designing processes.
- Ensure that 3PL operates in accordance with SLA
- All company documents, such as MRs, RFMs, 3PL warehouse billing, cycle counts, wall to wall counts, Goods Received Notes (GRNs) and supporting documents, etc. are filed sequentially and in a safe and orderly manner
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) file is locally in place, with examples of documentation referred to, and updated as and when required
- Ensure 3PL billing are in line with actual monthly warehouse activities