A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
Further information can be found at www.Liquidtelecom.com
To effectively manage all HR Operational Requests from the various lines of business and provide
support by ensuring flawless execution of people strategies and practices which supports the business objectives and continually improves the value of HRs contribution to the business.
Ensures execution of HR Projects in line with the HR Plan.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- Qualification: Degree in Human Resources or Industrial Psychology
- Post Graduate Degree in Human Resources or Industrial Psychology
Job Related Experience Required
- 8 years experience in a similar or related environment and 4 of which should be in Managerial position
- 5 years proven HR generalist experience; specifically, in creating and delivering people strategies.
- 4 years Sage Premier, Word, Excel and PowerPoint competence and experience using HRIS
Job Related Knowledge Required
- Experience in Project management or principles of Project Management
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Experience in developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of all specialist spheres of HR including IR, Employee Wellness, Change Management, OD etc.
Job Related Skills Required
- Ability to identify, communicate and ensure implementation of the key strategies and objectives for the success of LTSA
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal to clearly present complex situations.
- Must be an independent thinker, possess strong organization skills, strong customer focus and orientation
- Previous budget and staff management experience
- Ability to lead, manage and develop staff and employees
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move forward a common vision or goal
- Ability to negotiate, interact and achieve targets locally
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to preserve
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems to achieve the correct outcomes
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organisation
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with large scale organizational change efforts
- Ability to effectively demonstrate capabilities as a Leadership Coach or Performance Consultant.
- Results-orientated and hands-on approach
- Strong knowledge of HR Processes and Policies
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be a problem solver and be able to work independently
- Practical problem solving skills and ability to cope with a wide range of job demands and changing priorities
Management of Human Resources Operations - driving key focused initiatives and services which delivers against the business strategy and supports a business partner model.
- Ensures that the needs and requests of the various business units are met in line with Service Level Agreements and are within acceptable turnaround times. This includes but is not limited to recruitment, training, employee wellness, Employee Relations and Performance Management
- Provides support to enable the various business units in achieving their functional objectives.
- Understands the drivers of the business and ensures that the needs of the business units are supported appropriately in line with their human capital requirements.
- Provides expertise and consults on tactical human capital requests from various lines of business
- Ensures that the human capital initiatives are appropriately communicated to the business by acting as a conjugate between front and back office HR functions.
- Develops and/or reviews HR policies, processes and procedures to address the companys evolving requirements and comply with employment laws of South African, collaborating with the Manager: Employee Relations
- Ensures implementation of Annual Salary Review and Performance Bonus payments in conjunction with CHRO
Management of Stakeholders (Internal and External)
- Management of relationships between line of business and the various HR business partners
- Understand business requirements and requests from business and provides HR advice and expertise to line of business and other related business partners
- Ensuring that HR service delivery is maintained through HRBPs and the various HR Functions within the HR business unit.
- Maintains and manages various stakeholder relationships externally so as to ensure best practice in terms of delivery.
- Undertakes a consultative and collaborative approach in the business to ensure an overarching understanding of HR best practice and a knowledge of relevant legislation e.g. BCEA, LRA etc so as to provide solutions that are in the best interest of the organization and staff.
- Actively engages and participates in forums that seek to mitigate identified and impending business risks to ensure these are managed with little or no harm to the business.
Design and deliver on Human Capital requirements on behalf of the organization
- Ensure the delivery of all requests from line of business including but not limited to employee wellness, IR, recruitment etc through the deployment of a team of HRBPs.
- Provide expert advice, coaching and support to Management, and employees regarding interpretation, requirements and implementation of HR policies and guidelines.
- Acts as a liaison with senior and executive leadership to ensure continued development of the human capital support to the business.
- Management of employee lifecycle in collaboration with SM: Talent Management and OD and Manager: ER
- Ensures that HR Projects are delivered in line with the HR Plan, on time and within budget.
Management of the Business Unit
- Develops business plans in line with the business unit goals and objectives
- Recognises areas for internal improvement and develops plans for implementation.
- Manages the operating Model within sphere of control and ensure the continuous improvement thereof so as to ensure business improvement
- Ensures that teams objectives are met through effective performance management and measurement
- Ensures that the is better working relationship between the HRBPs and other functions within HR.
- Ensures that the HR operations comply with ALL the employment laws of the country through education of own staff, employees and managers.
- Provide reports on HR Operations performance against target as well as standard HRIS reports
Management of Resources (Human and Financial)
- Develops the annual budget for the function and submits to the CHRO for review and inclusion in the overall LTSA Financial Budget;
- Reviews, plans and agrees budget requirements with the Chief HR Officer and the team;
- Monitors the teams budget on a monthly basis, identifies variances and takes corrective action through the Senior Managers;
- Carries out evaluation of staff (KRA / KPI Definition), identifies performance strengths and deficiencies, and arranges for necessary action;
- Ensures that each employee is clear regarding the relevant Human Resources conditions of service (such as career path planning, training and promotion routes);
- Ensures that members of staff are being rewarded equitably and that the requisite human resource policies, procedures and systems are in place and are being followed accurately.
- Manages own business area in line with the policies and procedures as well as in line with regulations and specific legislation.
- Develops the necessary plan/s to ensure that the Talent and OD Department meets its agreed goals and objectives, meets staff on a pre-agreed basis, identifies and agrees key performance areas, key objectives/tasks and action plans.
- Mentors (includes training thereof) of all direct reports in line with their performance management objectives
- Anticipates future Capital Expenditure needs and manage the budget requirements in terms of skills allowances and training costs.
- Carries out evaluation of staff, identifies performance strengths and deficiencies, and arranges for necessary action (for example further specialised development).
- Ensures that members of staff adhere to the requisite SHE, Risk and Compliance and Human Resources Policies, Procedures and Systems are in place and are being followed accurately.