A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
Further information can be found at www.Liquidtelecom.com
Service Management (SM) is a customer facing function in the customer services arena. The SM is the single point of contact for all customer issues and are to facilitate delivery, service management and retention of contracted services. This is a senior role to manage complex high end and spend customers R1 000 000 mil MRC and up. This is a high-profile engagement role.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- IT / Networking Formal Qualification (3yrs Diploma/Degree)
- Project Management
- ITIL v 3
Job Related Experience Required
- A minimum of 8 years in the ICT sector of which min 6 years must have been spent in the telco environment
- 6 years Relationship Management experience and dealing with customers at all levels is a requirement
- 5 years Contract and SLA management
- 5 years - must have been a service manager on complex outsource accounts
Job Related Knowledge Required
- Understanding of the telecoms industry
- Knowledge of NPS (Net Promotor Score)
- Report writing experience
ALWAYS CUST FIRST NPS AND CSAT
- Identify areas for improvement of overall customer experience in a more complex network / IT environment (multiple service in the customers complex architecture)
- Implement action plans and act on Surveys and Transaction Feedback
- Customers must be called back within 48 hours of poor service instances tracked on the Voice of the Customer system
- CSAT must be above 85% on your specified service managed accounts, this will be measured by the surveys monthly and quarterly
- Service Management customer contact details to be maintained on SFDC for surveys (these must be updated on a monthly basis)
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Engage with Senior Management to Executive level customer stakeholders to discuss account health for strategic direction and incident resolution, (Platinum customers to be monthly R1mil and up) and captured on SFDC as a trip).
- Monthly billing meetings to be held with customers and captured on SFDC as a trip
- As an output of Service Reviews and meetings all necessary documents and minutes are to be distributed to customers and saved on the Share point portal under the customer name (latest and greatest).
- Service Managers are to address Senior Level stakeholders contract queries and ensure delivery of services per contacted requirements, which includes inputs and compilation of Contracts/MSAs and complex negotiations with the customer.
- Engage with and resolve Senior customer stakeholders to address complaints and escalations. Senior Service Manager to engage and resolve these queries timeously and with customer satisfaction and retention. The aim in addressing these queries is aimed at ensuring customer retention
PROACTIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SUPPORT
- Platinum and Priority customer SLAs are more complex and stringent than standard customers and the impact of outages can lead to reputational damage to the customer brand, therefore outages must be resolved timeously. Besides the reputational risk is that if outages are not resolved could lead to thousands of customer staff not being able perform their duties.
- Resolution of core tasks as defined in SFDC within Target Turnaround Time (TTT) i.e. RCA and SIP creation 5 working days from closure of the incident, for any other query (action item) that comes in during a rolling month is to be completed within that month)
- Continuous Improvement perform proactive customer service audits, identify design short falls and implement solutions before issues highlighted by the customer - 3 per month
- The projects undertaken by the larger customers are more complex and require a higher level of accountability and responsibility. Also note that the engagement is with more stakeholders and not just one or two¦.so the co-ordination is a lot more complex. Effectiveness of individual project assigned by the Senior Manager
OPERATIONAL SUPPORT MANAGEMENT AND CONTINUAL IMPROVEMENT
- High profile customers require dedicated and holistic attention so as not to churn and the relationship must be nurtured. Service Managers are to maintain a churn and erosion report on their specified accounts and develop plans to prevent churn.
- As the Service Manager on high profile accounts and considering that engagement is on Senior and Executive management level quality RCA report compilation is of paramount importance. These customers have complex technical landscapes and require in depth analysis of problems to be undertaken. The SM will be called on to drive and vet the Major Event RCA's from time to time and quality will be measured. Debriefing or post mortem conducted with the customer post Major Events. Implement Root Cause corrective measures identified in the RCA.
- Repeat incident analysis (flagged and SIP initiated as required)
- Reduce the number of SLA credits being paid to customers.
- Maintain Billing Inventory Lists (via One view) ensure no billing errors result in credits
- Billing disputes logged and resolved timeously (within actions TTT)
- Clawbacks / revenue leakage engage with customer decision makers and influencers to secure revenue.
- Upsell / cross sell opportunities strategically engage with customers architects and sales representatives to maximise opportunities and direct and support customers expansion and delivery requirements.
- Identify Cost Saving initiatives within your assigned account base or within Liquid and assist in implementing the initiatives