A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
Further information can be found at www.Liquidtelecom.com
The Cloud Managed Services Regional Manager is responsible for the managed services business working in partnership with our customers in the region throughout the cloud journey. This function will also be responsible for the regional delivery team on executing key strategic engagements and account strategies.
The role holder will input into the group strategy and provide relevant input at a regional level. The role holder will have responsibility for defining and implementing the regional services strategy, managing the performance of the regional Managed Services team while driving exceptional quality and delivery, as well as having responsibility for the service design, transition, operations and continuous improvement of the service offerings to customers.
The role holder will build and scale the regional team to include the skills and capabilities for Customer Success to enable our customers to not only expand their usage of cloud platforms but develop modern systems of agreements that accelerate business.
- Support the regional sales team with expert customer guidance on how business challenges can be solved with relevant cloud managed support models, mapping requirements to best-in-class ITSM delivery, selecting the most appropriate tools and proposing commercial models
- Build and maintain executive relationships with customers, influence long-term strategic direction, and act as a trusted advisor to ensure retention and growth in spend
- Manage multiple customer opportunities through the entire business cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary
- Engaging with clients from pre-sales through to go-live and BAU operation, acting as the point of authority on Cloud managed services operations and the point of escalation for all commercial discussions
- Manage tactical and strategic aspects of both engagement and projects ensuring appropriate utilisation across the team.
- Supporting sales teams in pre-sales, bid management and collateral development
- Work with regional team to assign project resourcing and review project timelines, to ensure delivery is on-time and per statement of work.
- Work with regional Sales and marketing teams to ensure account strategy, communication cadence and delivery outcomes are aligned.
- Manage account escalations to ensure the leadership has full visibility to the issues at hand and that the plan to resolution, is well managed and professionally executed
- Build and manage a team of cloud managed support service specialists, driving revenue and utilisation targets
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- Masters degree in business management or relevant subject
- Cloud certification
Role Related Experience Required
- ITIL delivery of service
- Professional Services Management
- Cloud Industry expert
Role Related Knowledge Required
- Extensive IaaS, PaaS and SaaS technical knowledge
- Employee supervision and management
- Azure, AWS Infrastructure, PaaS and SaaS
Role Related Skills/Competencies Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and ability to present complex situations
- Ability to plan and organise the managed services for the medium and long term
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems to achieve the correct outcomes
- Ability to negotiate, interact and achieve targets
- Ability to lead, manage and develop staff and employees
Strategy planning and focus
- Build Liquid Telecom regional Cloud Practice to contribute a minimum of 4x revenue on licence sales
- Create a regional Managed and professional services roadmap
- Analyse regional market trends to draft roadmap focus and skills requirements
- Ensure Liquid Telecoms service offerings are competitive in region by monitoring the regional marketplace offerings.
- Direct and coordinate regional service management activities for Liquid Telecom managed services client environments
Managed Services Performance and Review
- Achieve the set SLA objectives and customer NPI in region
- Achieve customer NPI set scores in region for
- Managed Services
- Professional Service (migrations & design services)
- Prepare, maintain and monitor a yearly operational IT services plan and budget in region for covered client environments. Prepare, maintain and monitor plans for user training, disaster recovery, data backup, compliance, network security, etc.
- Interface with customer representatives in region for ongoing service engagement, discussion on service levels, incident follow ups, and new opportunities. Maintain positive relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Lead service level, performance, and availability metric collection and reporting from various data sources including monitoring tools and ITSM suite in region
- Own incident escalations and coordinate to resolution including customer and stakeholder communications, root cause analyses, and follow up in region.
- Manage and nurture a diverse team geographically spread across multiple operations.
- Ensure set product targets are met, through regular reviews. Help the team with engagements and escalations re product
- Continuously improve service management processes through innovation, collaboration, and sharing/transparency
Regular personal and functional review with all team members (listed under span of control)
Support Request for Proposal & Tenders
Empower cross functional learning and sharing of information with team
- Understand the customer requirements and ensures alignment with the Product initiatives and enablement;
- Participate in regional service planning activities driven by customer request or by internal business case.
- Determines what personnel and IT resources are required to meet the plans, objectives, SLAs and KPIs by reviewing plan documents and maintaining strong communications with the external customer and the relevant internal managers in region
- Provide input into the pre-sales process and act as a lead on support and service issues, strategy and approach in region
- Ensure working practices are well defined and operational with minimal disruption using technology to improve efficiency as appropriate in region
- Pricing, and Licensing focus to ensure pricing meets Liquid Telecoms pricing strategy and is competitive, taking local market feedback in to consideration.
- Set Pricing strategy and commercial strategy policy for Managed Services
- Share Cross functional learning and sharing of information with team.
- Leverage partner value (IP/services) to deliver greater value to Liquid Telecom customers