A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of Networks will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications Networks to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and Networks. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
Further information can be found at www.Liquidtelecom.com
The IT Support role is to provide technical support and ensuring smooth running of IT support. IT Support monitors and maintains Liquid Telecom south Africas computer systems, installs and configures hardware and software and solved technical problems.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- Degree/diploma/certificate in Information Technology an advantage.
Job Related Experience Required
- 3 Years Support Experience
- ITIL Services Experience
- Microsoft Products stack experience
- IT Infrastructure and Networking Experience
Job Related Knowledge Required
- IT Operational Support
- Good commination skills
- Information Technology services management and operations
- Information security and controls
Job Related Skills Required
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders including senior level executives of the organization.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Need to be Self-motivated, self-thinker and pro-active.
Installing and configuring computer hardware, software systems, networks, printers and scanner.
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents including operating systems across a range applications.
- Install and configure new IT Equipment.
- Provide support and maintenance according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Monitor and ensure Switches and IT Servers are available and labelled correctly, and records kept up-to-date.
- Adhere to software compliance within the back-office domain.
- Review of Permission of each regional LTSA staff for Local Admin Rights to their machine.
- Assisting clients from all team with access to Wi-fi.
- Monitor Lan Connectivity and Lan Points in the Region, maintained and fix any audit finding.
Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests.
- Provide second level Desktop support.
- Ensure that the one drive backup facility is being utilised by all users.
- Provide support with all Audio and Video Conferencing in Boardroom.
- Ensuring that both call centres softphones, CMS display monitor are functional.
- Assist Field Technicians, with the installation of their operation software
- SCCM Secondary Support - keep track of the applications loaded on each user's desktops and laptops as well as licence compliancy.
- Laptop / desktop backup support Crashplan and backup solution.
Provide technical support across Liquid Telecom South Africa.
- Provide technical support to Internal and External stakeholders so that IT business objectives are met
- Ensuring there is a month on month tracking for operational efficiency show progress.
- Provide information to team to ensure that Active directory administration gets all info regarding exit and entry of employees.
- Support of Lan/Wan Troubleshooting, Proactive feedback on RCA's and Ensuring Business realizes the value of project deployed.
- Adhere to IT process of decommissioning of IT Equipment.
- Resolve reported incidents and clear within SLA time with regular updates.
- Support of Administration and monitoring of IT Resources
- Ensure we have detailed Operating Procedure for each IT System
- Be Available in Region for Testing of Disaster Recovery of each IT System when required
- Serve as focal point for all inter-office IM related matters business unit wide
- Assist with Reginal Asset disposal.
- Assist with Asset management and sending hand over documents to the asset manager for records.
- Keeping updated regional asset register.
- Distribution of IT assets as requested by assets manager.
- Asset Management by Maintaining an IT stock Room and insure Resources are used effectively
- Ensuring that users are configured to print double sided.
- Ensuring that users are configured to print default to black and white.
- Ensuring that all printing policies are adhered to.
- Ensure that papers are always on the machine.
- Ensure that all error alarms are attended and reported to the service provider.