A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
Further information can be found at www.Liquidtelecom.com
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of multiple data centre projects within South Africa or Africa for the Group. His work starts during the inception phase and he is in charge of the projects until their full completion. He is feeding and coordinating the business case and ensure that the data centre is delivered according to the approved design, on time, budget and quality. He is responsible for driving all aspects of the project, including power supply and other utilities to the site, the technical and architectural design, the planning process, supplier selection, the construction, fit out, commissioning, testing and handover to operations. The Senior Project Manager will be supported by and manage an external delivery team to ensure project success.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- Bachelor in Sciences, Engineering, Management or Commerce - Essential
- Project Management Certification - Desirable
- Master in Sciences, Engineering, Management or Commerce - Desirable
Role Related Experience Required
- 10 years experience in project management
- 10 years experience in cost management
- 5 years experience in contract management
- 5 years Key account/client management
- 5 years Project management office experience - advantageous
- 5 years working experience in occupational health and safety
- 5 years experience in data centre construction project - advantageous
- 5 years experience in mission critical project
Role Related Knowledge Required
- Knowledge in Construction/Development project
- Knowledge of South African construction projects
- In-depth knowledge of Critical infrastructure, including MV / LV electrical systems, HVAC / cooling, security, fire systems, and BMS
- Knowledge of key industry/professional trends
- Knowledge of data centre technical and Facilities requirements
Role Related Skills/Competencies Required
- Management of multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong project and programme management skills plus demonstrable service-delivery success
- Proven ability to manage and resolve contractual disputes to achieve mutually satisfactory outcomes
- Delivery focused and able to make things happen
- Proven ability to manage major contracts to ensure delivery to quality, cost and time
- Acute commercial awareness
- Proven ability to build, motivate and develop high performance teams
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Problem solver with an ability to find innovative ways to resolve issues
- Technically competent with complex engineering systems
Project Programme Management
- Produce and regularly update a programme for each project which captures all key milestones and critical path.
- Ensure that each party involve are aware and aligned with the programme
- Identify areas of improvement that can accelerate the programme or mitigate a delay.
- Ensure that each project is delivered within the agreed timescale
- For each project, define the project team set up
- Select and appoint professional consultants (Engineers, architect, etc)
- Oversight of professional services teams (consulting engineers, architects, commissioning agents) and their deliverables
- Manage the Project Manager(s) (internal or external) reporting to you
Budget & Financial Management
- Produce accurate budget for each project
- Produce cashflow forecasts and report to relevant parties
- Produce all Capex information that need to be included into the Business Case
- For each project, produce a monthly cost report
- Define contingencies level and manage throughout the project
- Ensure that each project is delivered within the agreed budget
Commercial & Contract Management
- Define procurement strategy for each project
- Identify the best contract to use for each package
- Manage the procurement process and recommend the best tenderer
- Resolve dispute and claims
- Ensure that signed contracts are executed
- Work with internal team or external counsel for all legal matters
- Ensure that latest governance processes are followed
Project Quality Management
- Implement a strong QA/QC process
- Ensure that group standards are followed and updated when required
- Ensure that each project key stages are signed off by the relevant stakeholder and project team members
- Ensure that each project is delivered to the highest quality
Project Operational Health & Safety
- Communicate and ensure that the H&S group standards are followed on each construction project
- Ensure that each project is covered by a robust H&S plan
- Ensure that a permit process is in place when required
- Review and take action on the weekly H&S report
Project Communication & Reporting
- Ensure that information reported is of the highest quality: accurate, complete, verified and consistent across reporting format.
- Ensure that each report is submitted to the Project Board in due time
- Coordination with all relevant department: Finance, Legal, Sales, Procurement, Operations
- Report important information in a timely manner to the right audience
- Ensure that all informations are secured and up to date on the Group shared drive