A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
Further information can be found at www.Liquidtelecom.com
To manage regional network operations inclusive of service delivery and staff compliment of specific sub-departments within the CDSMO department, including, but not limited to all the associated technologies, to provide a service that seamlessly integrates to the entire business unit and the overall Network.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- A Technical Degree /Diploma and Business Degree/Diploma - Essential
- MBA or management qualification
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- Cisco or similar certification
Job Related Experience Required
- 10 years ICT environment
- 10 years Telecommunications operations management
- 10 years Technical experience and relevant technical certification
- 10 years Management experience (junior and middle)
Job Related Knowledge Required
- Knowledge of telecommunications environment
- Knowledge of ICT technology, products and services
- Understanding of the telecommunications value chain
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams
- Finance and Contract management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Project Management and Organization skills
- Must be Customer oriented, can absorb Customer priories and risks and translate into actionable Business requirements
- Knowledge of the South African labour legislation
- Experience in dealing with cross-functional work groups. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Good Leadership and People Management skills
- Must be able to perform under pressure and make progress with many concurrent (and sometimes) conflicting priorities.
- Proven Customer Experience/Relationship Management experience
- Good Problem Management experience
Job Related Skills Required
- Effective communication and report writing skills
- Analytical thinking
- Engagement skills with management at all levels
- Proactive and organised, able to prioritize
- Highly motivated and self-disciplined
- Able to work independently or in a team
- Process orientated and ability to adapt
Operations Management (Preventative, Reactive & Corrective)
Lead an interdepartmental, highly skilled technical team responsible for all aspects of Implementation, Operations and Maintenance to promote a pleasant customer experience, retention and network uptime.
- Manage the preventative, reactive and corrective maintenance on the LTSA Network and Customer Managed Services networks (inclusive of IP, Voice, Transport, Facilities, Optic Fibre Infrastructure and Managed Services LAN, Voice and WiFi)
- Manage field resolution capability for specific customers to ensure compliance with SLAs
- Managing operations network towards reduced unscheduled downtime, to deliver a superior service to all customers.
- Manage the fault management, diagnostics and resolution to ensure it meets Liquid Telecom requirements
- Create, review and revise service assurance processes to maintain compliance.
Create and ensure support maintenance is in place to deliver efficient services to both internal and external
- stakeholders (both remedial and preventative).
- Manage incident escalation resolution matrix operating in senior capacity within the escalation matrix to ensure that correct decisions are made and in the interest of the client and LTSA network
- Manage the spares availability for all Core, Access, CPE equipment, Facility and Optic Fibre infrastructures
- Ensure the availability of correct test equipment
- Root Cause Analysis for all Major Events on the Network to ensure systems are developed and put in place to prevent or mitigate its reoccurrence
- Provide feedback and escalations to Network Engineering, Service Delivery & Service Management regarding network improvements required to improve stability and capacity of deployed infrastructure and services.
- Communicate with various stakeholders on the progress of repairs or maintenance to track progress against required LTSA standard and/or SLAs
- Oversee the development and management of the shift rosters, to ensure 24X7 operations are fully staffed and maintained with competent individuals.
- Ensure that support teams follow the Change Control process to log and track change requests on specified systems where customer services are affected or placed in jeopardy.
Delivery Build & Final Provisioning
Define business requirements to the Service delivery and Implementation teams to align to the order to cash process, to turn information in to insights and turn insights in to business decisions to maximise revenue streams.
- Manage the implementation and provisioning of new services to enterprise and managed services customers
- Manage the execution / implementation of Core Infrastructure designs from Network Engineering, where necessary, to
- ensure seamless interaction of deployed infrastructure into Operational Network.
Manage service delivery targets as per AOI, Service Delivery forecasts & Customer Escalations and Customer constraints.
- Ensure performance requirements of new services are met to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction
- Management of OSP build and ISP contractors and all related issues
- Manage and contribute to business cases for various CAPEX and Revenue generating projects
- Manage and ensure equipment availability and quality of installations at customer premises
- Manage equipment preparation and configurations, and ensure correct performance against ordered service
- Manage construction in the road reserves and ensure adherence to standards and quality
- Manage incoming and outgoing Right of Way approvals within agreed SLAs (Municipalities and other Operators)
- Ensure site surveys and kick-off meetings are conducted.
- Effectively deal with customer escalations and complaints regarding new services and deployed infrastructure.
- Financial management of contractor payments (PR/PO process)
- Ensure compliance to Health and Safety
- Manage the recovery of equipment (customer cancellations)
Executive Business Engagement / Accountability
- Develop the business strategy into operational execution plans, objectives and monitoring mechanisms to ensure that the strategy is under execution while being closely monitored for success.
- Manage multiple business priorities concurrently while delivering on the business as usual requirements of the company.
- Understand and operationalize the complexities of the companies operating model to focus on quarterly and annual objectives.
- Develop areas of improvement across own business unit and interfaces with other business units to contribute towards a more streamlined business operation.
- Investigate and understand impact analysis of the business unit as it relates to the companies operating model.
- Manage the impact of the business unit function to ensure that the company objectives and targets are met.
- Develop an understanding of the departments cost structures to enable granular tracking of OPEX and CAPEX.
- Develop an understanding of the departments revenue contribution and or revenue influence to enable granular tracking of quarterly targets.
- Develops the necessary plan/s to ensure that the team(s) meets agreed goals and objectives.
- Coach and mentor own team members as well as other employees in the company for performance improvement and career development.
- Contributes to the development of best practice in the company, with aim of driving continuous improvement and innovation.
- Ensure that the business unit objectives are met through effective performance management and measurement.
- Weekly and monthly review of capacity reports to stay aware of network and departmental performance.
- Preparation and Management of Annual Operational and Capital Budgets to meet strategic objectives of the department.
- Operational delivery of strategic objectives by ensuring resources aligned to support accordingly.
- Continuous assessment of the current Business process model, streamlining the process with best practices.
Management Of Stakeholders (Internal And External) & Human Capital
- Management of relationships between line of business and the various business partners to deliver superior service
- Manage discipline, corporate governance, training and development, administration, appointments and staffing, performance management, career and succession planning.
- Developing and managing various relationships internally and externally to ensure effective service assurance and delivery
- Develop and improve the relationship for the different resolver groups to work as a one unit
- Lead interactions with internal and external auditors to deliver on favourable outcomes
- Manage Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental programmes within area of responsibility
- Manage programmes and processes to support various ISO accreditation
- Effectively manage vendors and contractors to comply and align with various customer SLAs