A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent provider of
3) IP Transmission
4) Cloud Services and
5) Data Centre
Our presence is largely in eastern, central and southern Africa, providing fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and Government businesses of all sizes.
We also provide payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only the Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It for The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
Further information can be found at www.Liquidtelecom.com
To maximize revenue opportunities through establishing, developing and maintaining long-term relationships with strategic customers in local and provincial government (Specifically Gauteng Provincial Government, COJ and all members of the Gauteng City Region.
The other mandate of a successful candidate will be
- Defining and executing sales strategies that focus on increased sales and profitability for Liquid SA.
- Managing and prioritizing accounts for the purpose of delivering profitable, long term revenue from in the region accounts.
- Ensuring delivery of annual revenue targets are met through delivery of information, communication and technology solutions.
- Establishing appropriate relationships with customers and leveraging those relationships to achieve financial targets
- Work collaboratively to set up service relationship for the region and nominated accounts.
- Serve as the primary relationship owner for an assigned group of top tier client accounts with responsibility retain and grow these accounts.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- Related University degree
Job Related Experience Required
- 10 years sales experience
Job Related Knowledge Required
- Business Acumen
- Proficient in MS Office
Job Related Skills Required
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills written and verbal
- Project management skills
- Presentation skills
- Proposal Writing
- Planning and organising skills
Deliver on Sales strategy
- Deliver robust account plans to achieve sales objectives.
- Implement commercial strategies and then execute in line with company policies.
- Generate and maintain opportunity pipeline and credible business forecasts order to meet sales targets.
- Present Liquid Telecoms services and offerings to assigned/new customers while leading account planning cycles and ensuring that the customers needs, and expectations are met.
- Proactively assess, clarify and validate customer requirements on an on-going basis.
- Implement a detailed sales strategy for all accounts
- Track and record sales activities on all accounts on Sales Force. Com (SFDC)
- Collaborating very closely with teams from other departments within Liquid. Partner with internal cross-functional teams to understand customer goals and key performance metrics
Build and grow client Relationships to ensure excellent customer experience
- Understanding of the clients' business, communicate and generate new ideas to improve the customers business.
- Build trust, credibility, and client referrals for internal and external use.
- Maintain or improve account profitability by customizing solutions as per customer requirements, as well as maximising the existing Liquid product portfolios.
- Oversee the execution of the complete sales process for all customers, including: customer request handling, customer information gathering, finalisation of product specification and selection and SLA negotiation and finalisation
- Ensure all after-sale customer queries or issues that come through sales department are properly handed over to customer care
- Ensure all support departments are adequately briefed on customer details, to enable delivery of the order and adequate after sales customer support.
- Conduct business professionally and ethically by adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Resolve any issues and problems of Liquid customers and act as an interface between Liquid customer and the internal teams.
Maintaining a clear forecast of opportunities and developing a sales pipeline to reach sales targets
- Ability to identify and generate new business and develop a pipeline for segment account set
- Identify and establish relationships in new and existing geographies, segments as well as within the existing accounts
- Provide pre-sales and after-sales assistance in bid/tender processes
- Manage customer relationships with allocated and new clients
- Deliver presentations and propose consultation-based solutions
- Keep abreast on the market changes and have a broad understanding of Information, Communication and Technology Services