A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
Further information can be found at www.Liquidtelecom.com
To ensure value being added to the business by effectively developing and improving operational effectiveness through the design, implementation and continual evolution of business processes and people competencies and behaviors in line with Liquid Telecom Group strategy, structure, policy, process. Assuring human capability development and performance throughout all business operations.
To coach, align, mobilise and enable all Group, Regional and Operating Company Executive leadership to effectively co-create, implement, iteratively transform and run their respective business operations in line with the Group Chief Operating Officer (GCOO) business strategy and target operating model. Fulfil an objective role of continually designing, integrating and aligning all Group, Regional and Operating Company Business Operations Processes to meet defined strategic, operating processes and associated sales revenue targets. To realise targeted value created within Operating Companies by establishing and operating a Sales & Service Delivery Academy that radically transforms sales effectiveness and service delivery conversion ratios.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- Degree in HR, Industrial Psychology or equivalent
Role Related Experience Required
- 10 years post qualification experience in enterprise Transformation Management in a similar Corporate environment, with 5 years at executive management level;
- 7 years Multi-Cultural Transformation experience
- 5 years Enterprise Operating Model Design and Implementation experience
- 5 years Programme and Project Management experience
- 5 years Executive Leadership Development and Coaching experience
- 5 years Executive Team Development, Design and Delivery experience
- 8 years Training, Learning and Development Design and Delivery experience
- 10 years Communication & Engagement Design & Delivery experience
- 5 years Labour Law, Legal and Regulatory experience
- 5 years International Advisory and Consulting experience
- 5 years Operational Business experience (Functional)
Role Related Knowledge Required
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and skill in:
- Relevant Transformation and Change methodologies, principles & practices
- Organisational Design and Effectiveness
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- National and International Enterprise Transformation Management (Multi cultural)
- Advanced Executive Team Building Skills and Experience
- Labour Legislation
- Design and implementation of leadership development programs
- Design of compensation and benefits programs
- Interviewing, and selection skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Board Membership
- Customer Experience Design and Delivery experience
- Good knowledge of all business functions and streams
Role Related Skills/Competencies Required
- Ability to initiate, manage, lead and enable Enterprise Transformation
- Ability to initiate and implement new & alternative Enterprise Operating Models
- Ability to display and build the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct to promote Liquid values and culture
- Ability to be results driven, able to solve problems, be decisive and have an innate ability to manage conflict.
- Ability to be extremely resilient.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Ability to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working towards solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.
- Ability to be a strategic thinker and provide leadership in setting the Organisations performance levels commensurate with the Strategic Objectives.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrix organisation.
- Ability to rapidly distil complexity into simplicity and objective action.
- Ability to deliver learning and development at all levels.
- Ability to confront and resolve extreme conflict.
- Ability to assess people, groups, situations and opportunities: Judgement
- Ability to deliver strategic and functional learning and development at all levels.
- Ability to objectively facilitate integrated and complex design, planning and performance sessions.
Business Strategy And Planning
- Lead the collaborative design, implementation and continual improvement of relevant target operating models within the Liquid Telecom Group.
- Facilitate and co-create operational transformation and implementation strategies and plans on an annual basis with the identified executive leadership of the Group, Regional and Operating Company business functions and operations.
- Decide on the annual transformation programme, priorities and resources to enable the annually defined and agreed operational strategy and financial targets.
- Ensure business unit and regional alignment with GCOO strategy and transformation plans.
- Decide on and implement an appropriate systemic meta-model for the Group and include it in the leadership development programme.
- Decide on and implement an effective staff engagement strategy, platform and measures.
- Decide on strategic enterprise Transformation model, skills and capabilities that are agreed, implemented, prioritised and measured.
- Advise, facilitate, integrate and contribute to group, regional and operating company strategies and budgets.
Corporate Governance, Compliance, Social Responsibility And SHE
- Facilitate and decide on Group, Regional and Operating Company Target Operating Model for the delivery of value across synergised internal and external operating processes to generate defined financial outcomes and a singular brand in the market.
- Facilitate Group Organisational Design alignment with business unit and regional executives.
- Identify, appoint and develop coaches and mentors of influence in group, business unit and regional structures. Initial focus on Sales and Service Delivery as part of the Liquid Academy.
- Design and implement transformational onboarding and upskilling programmes through group wide functional Centres of Excellence. Enable this through an effective training and development academy.
- Co-Create and implement an integrated Sales enablement framework across group, regions and operating companies to better understand and evaluate associated risk and opportunities for optimal top line growth.
- Facilitates and decides on skills capability requirements and performance standards to meet business and financial targets
Policies And Guidelines
- Decides on, implements and continually improves Group/Enterprise Target Operating Model framework policies, that include structures, processes, roles, responsibilities and human capability and performance standards.
- Decides on implements and manages the Group Academy Policy and integrated operational and virtual structures
- Facilitates, co-creates, implements and continually improves Group Risk Management Policy
- Facilitates, co-creates, implements and continually improves internal and external Business Process Management Policy.
- Co-Create and implement an integrated risk and value assessment framework across group, regions and operating companies to better understand and evaluate business risk and opportunities for Capex and Opex decision making.
- Decides on People readiness for change in terms of process and skills capability and capacity to effectively implement operational model and transformational challenges.
- Develop and implement simple business functional Enablement Reviews for Transformation Success such as Leadership Readiness, Policy Readiness, Process Readiness, Technology Readiness, Structural Readiness, People Readiness and cultural and engagement readiness.
- Influences and initiates operational transformation initiatives and programs through peer level advisory and collaboration in line with transformation and group operating frameworks
- Decide on, implement and manage a stakeholder management framework for performance management and capability and capacity delivery across all group operations
- Decide on, implement and manage a stakeholder management framework for improved external stakeholder engagement customers, vendors, suppliers and partners.
Projects (Group Wide Synergy)
- Own the facilitation, development and implementation of the Liquid telecom Leadership Development programme across all levels of the business.
- Integrate and confirm collaborative Transformational Organisation Design and roles and responsibilities across the Group. Prioritised, implemented, measured and reported.
- Integrate and confirm cross-functional, internal and external business process management, reengineering and implementation.
- Co-Create, implement and continually improve integrated innovation framework within all group operations from a people, process and platform perspective.
Departmental Staff Development And Performance Management
- Design and implement transformational onboarding and upskilling programmes.
- Implement an appropriate stakeholder management framework across group, regions and operating companies to assess transformational readiness and effectiveness.
- Develop and implement staff Transformation Development initiatives Ensure skills and capabilities readiness. Ensure capacity readiness.
- Co-Create, Integrate and implement collaborative Transformational Learning and Development across the Group; Prioritised, implemented, measured and reported.
- Integrate and confirm collaborative Transformational Compensation Design: All of Group. Prioritised, implemented, measured and reported
- Assure group, business unit and regional executive team readiness, cohesion and leadership effectiveness through team assessments, learning and behavioural alignment and integration.
- Co-Create staff engagement initiatives on an ongoing, varied and agile basis to achieve business targets.
- Co-create and implement the transformation and operational communication and engagement strategy and framework.
- Collaborate on the interview, selection and appointment of key transformational and executive roles.
- Transformational Readiness and Operations Reporting Red Reporting. alignment, agreement, implementation and measurement.
- Assess and report on group, regional and operating company executive transformation progress.
- Facilitate and coordinate adoption of group, regional and operating company staff transformation scorecard elements.
- Coach group, business unit and regional executives on transformational leadership.