Africa Data Centres (ADC) is Africas first network of state-of-the-art, interconnected Data Centre facilities. We bring leading cloud service providers, carriers and enterprises, the additional rack space and colocation services they need to meet the growing demand for cloud-based services in Southern Africa.
Our facilities are all purpose-built to Tier III standards, are carrier-neutral, resilient, and have been designed, built and operated to the highest standards, to provide businesses across Africa with peace-of-mind, irrespective of the scale of their requirement.
Furthermore, ADCs facilities owned and operated entirely by us, meaning the physical and digital security of customers data and transactional computer processing are our top priority.
ADCs four vendor-neutral data environments are interconnected by multiple networks including Liquid Telecoms award-winning fibre network, which provides regional and international reach for customers. This allows businesses hosting data and cloud in Africa to have control and flexibility of where to host and back-up their data with geographic diversity.
ADCs facilities are ISO 27001 certified, complying with high international information security management standards, and are compliant with PCI DSS too, the global information security standard set by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council to help control and minimise points of risk to fraud or compromise of sensitive information.
Our mission is to be the heart of Africas digital transformation. We strive for excellence, innovation and customer-centricity in all that we do. We recognize that our team is only be as strong as its weakest member, so we help each other progress. We never let an issue unsolved; it will get worse. We make decisions quickly and thoughtfully. In making these decisions, we keep top of mind our obligations to our customers and to our companys reputation. Our core values are listed below.
- Integrity: We are honest, open, ethical, and fair
- Diversity: We know it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds to make our company succeed
- Quality: We give the best of ourselves every day and strive for excellence
- Community: We minimize our negative impact on the environment and maximize our positive impact towards the communities and countries in which we work.
Further information can be found at https://www.africadatacentres.com.
LocationCape Town, Johannesburg
To maximize revenue opportunities through establishing, developing and maintaining long-term relationships with strategic customers as well as defining and executing sales strategies that focus on increased sales and profitability.
Managing strategic accounts and delivering profitable, long term revenue from nominated accounts.
Ensuring delivery of annual revenue targets through the sale of mainly colocation products and services.
Establishing appropriate relationships with customers and leverages those relationships to achieve financial targets
Work collaboratively to set up service relationship for nominated accounts.
Serve as the primary relationship owner for new named accounts as well as potentially an assigned group of top tier client accounts with responsibility to retain and grow these accounts.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- Related Diploma
Job Related Experience Required
- 5 years sales experience
Job Related Knowledge Required
- Business Acumen
- Proficient in MS Office
Job Related Skills Required
- Experience working in an IT, data centre or similar technical environment
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills written and verbal
- Presentation skills
- Proposal Writing
- Planning and organising skills
Deliver on Sales strategy (Target)
- Deliver robust account plans to achieve sales objectives.
- Generate and maintain opportunity pipeline and credible business forecasts order to meet sales targets.
- Present ADC services and offerings to assigned/new customers while leading account planning cycles and ensuring that the customers needs, and expectations are met.
- Proactively assess, clarify and validate customer requirements on an on-going basis.
- Implement a detailed sales strategy for all accounts
- Track and record sales activities on all accounts on SFDC.
- Collaborating very closely with teams from other departments within ADC and the broader Liquid Group as necessary. Partner with internal cross-functional teams to understand customer goals and key performance metrics
Build and grow client Relationships to ensure excellent customer experience
- Understand clients' business and generate new ideas to improve the customers business.
- Build trust, credibility, and client referrals.
- Maintain or improve account profitability by customizing solutions as per customer requirements
- Oversee the execution of the complete sales process for all customers, including: customer request handling, customer information gathering, finalisation of product specification and selection and SLA negotiation and finalisation
- Ensure all after-sale customer queries or issues that come through sales department are properly handed over to customer care
- Ensure all support departments are adequately briefed on customer details, to enable delivery of the order and adequate after sales customer support.
- Conduct business professionally and ethically by adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Resolve any issues and problems of ADCs customers and act as an interface between the customer and the internal teams.
Maintaining a clear forecast of opportunities and developing a sales pipeline to reach sales targets
- Generate leads and develop a pipeline for segment account set
- Identify and establish relationships in new and existing geography and segments
- Manage customer relationships with allocated and new clients
- Deliver presentations and propose consultation-based solutions
- Keep abreast on the market changes and have a broad understanding of Information, Communication and Technology Services