Africa Data Centres (ADC) is Africas first network of state-of-the-art, interconnected Data Centre facilities. We bring leading cloud service providers, carriers and enterprises, the additional rack space and colocation services they need to meet the growing demand for cloud-based services in Southern Africa.
Our facilities are all purpose-built to Tier III standards, are carrier-neutral, resilient, and have been designed, built and operated to the highest standards, to provide businesses across Africa with peace-of-mind, irrespective of the scale of their requirement.
Furthermore, ADCs facilities owned and operated entirely by us, meaning the physical and digital security of customers data and transactional computer processing are our top priority.
ADCs four vendor-neutral data environments are interconnected by multiple networks including Liquid Telecoms award-winning fibre network, which provides regional and international reach for customers. This allows businesses hosting data and cloud in Africa to have control and flexibility of where to host and back-up their data with geographic diversity.
ADCs facilities are ISO 27001 certified, complying with high international information security management standards, and are compliant with PCI DSS too, the global information security standard set by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council to help control and minimise points of risk to fraud or compromise of sensitive information.
Our mission is to be the heart of Africas digital transformation. We strive for excellence, innovation and customer-centricity in all that we do. We recognize that our team is only be as strong as its weakest member, so we help each other progress. We never let an issue unsolved; it will get worse. We make decisions quickly and thoughtfully. In making these decisions, we keep top of mind our obligations to our customers and to our companys reputation. Our core values are listed below.
- Integrity: We are honest, open, ethical, and fair
- Diversity: We know it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds to make our company succeed
- Quality: We give the best of ourselves every day and strive for excellence
- Community: We minimize our negative impact on the environment and maximize our positive impact towards the communities and countries in which we work.
Further information can be found at https://www.africadatacentres.com.
The business analyst (BA) will drive Africa Data Centres continued growth and success. With our commitment to innovation and data-driven decision-making, the BA will seek out, develop, and help implement strategic initiatives for improved efficiency, cost-savings and productivity. The BA will be responsible for bridging the gap between IT and the business using data analytics to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to executives and stakeholders. The BA will build out a business intelligence function for Africa Data Centres.
From researching progressive systems solutions to evaluating their impact, our ideal candidate is a detailed planner, expert communicator, and top-notch analyst. They should be wholly committed to the discovery and development of innovative solutions in an ever-changing digital landscape.
Minimum Requirements of Job
BCom Management / Diploma in Business/Finance Management/Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Informatics or equivalent.
Job Related Experience Required
- 3-5 years of analytical work experience
- Advantageous 1-3 years in the ICT/Telco sector experience
- Relationship management experience and dealing with team members at all levels is a requirement.
- Strong Excel experience and relevant technical/systems/CRM understanding.
- Detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples).
- Experience in database development and data analytics (such as SQL and Python) and data visualization (such as Tableau)
- Knowledge of Power BI, Power BI Reporting Server, Power BI Mobile and Report Builder, utilising on premise data stores is desirable.
- Report writing experience is required.
- Good understanding of technology, operations, products and services offered by Africa Data Centres and the telecommunications industry would be advantageous.
- Experience in dealing with cross-functional work groups.
- Basic Finance and Contract management/legal knowledge.
- Good knowledge about Pipeline Management and Revenue Generation
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and consultative skills
- Facilitation skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of business structure
- Stakeholder analysis
- Requirements engineering
- Costs-benefit analysis
- Understanding of networks, databases and other technology
Job Related Knowledge Required
- Analytical Thinking
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and levels of professionalism
- Highly motivated and self-discipline
- Works independently (self-starter) or in a group
- Process orientated and ability to adapt
- Ability take a complex problem and create a simple solution for it.
Job Related Skills Required
5+ years of proven experience in an analytics and systems development capacity
High proficiency with SQL language and database management
Proven analytical abilities
Practical experience generating process documentation and reports
Excellent communicator with the ability to translate data into actionable insights
Strong working knowledge of relevant Microsoft applications
Proven capabilities in project management
Proven development of innovative and impactful systems solutions
Extensive experience with data visualization
Highly proficient technical writing capabilities
Operations and Analytics
- Engage with business leaders and functional team to understand how data-driven changes to process, products, services, software and infrastructure can improve efficiencies and add value. Balance these proposals against whats technologically feasible and financially and functionally reasonable.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions.
- Drive cross-functional projects that involve multiple teams within Africa Data Centres.
- Lead ongoing reviews of business processes and develop optimization strategies.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Develop dashboards for regular performance reviews of each department within Africa Data Centres
- Partner with stakeholder teams across business units (i.e., sales, finance, operations, IT, risk management) to develop necessary analysis and documentation in a collaborative way, communicating effectively and efficiently with operational, managerial, and executive teams.
- Engage regularly with management, assessing and addressing issues to identify and implement improvements toward efficient operations
- Provide strong and timely financial and business analytic decision support to business partners and various organizational stakeholders
- Develop actionable roadmaps for improving workflows and processes, and establish and organize KPIs in line with global directives
- Interpret data, analyze results using analytics, research methodologies, and statistical techniques
- Develop and implement data analyses, leverage data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Conduct full lifecycle of analytics projects, including pulling, manipulating, and exporting data from project requirements documentation to design and execution
- Evaluate key performance indicators, provide ongoing reports, and recommend business plan updates
- Create business cases for specific interventions.
- Produce accurate Reports, Dashboards and Presentation
- Improve, execute, and effectively communicate significant analyses that identify meaningful trends and opportunities across the business
- Author and update internal and external documentation.
- Prepare, analyse, and summarize various weekly, monthly, and periodic operational results for use by various key stakeholders, creating reports, specifications, instructions, and flowcharts.
- Track end to end business activities and processes against sales growth to determine trends
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
Effective Team Work And Self-Management
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and trust with all internal functional teams, as well as relevant external stakeholders.
- Follows through to ensure that personal quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Develop flexibility in balancing achievement of own objectives with abilities to understand and respond to organisational needs.
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal policy and procedures.
Decides on the appropriate methods to implement various analysis.
Decides on reporting format for specific data and recommendations
Accountable for accurate reporting, dashboards, trend analysis and presentations.
Accountable for being responsive to the needs of the organization and functional teams.
Accountable for project management of multiple projects and analyses in progress concurrently.