A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
Further information can be found at www.Liquidtelecom.com
The Sales Commissions Team is responsible for the pay-out of sales commissions, bonuses and other performance-based bonuses for over 200 sales employees across Africa. Daily responsibilities include quota verification, enforcement of sales policies, rules of engagement, issue resolution and other projects as assigned.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Job Related Skills Required
- At least 1-3 years of equivalent experience combined with Sales Compensation familiarity
- A background in Commissions, Compensation and/or Finance
- Advanced Microsoft skills including Excel, PowerBI and PowerPoint
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or any other applicable field Preferred
- Xactly system training Preferred
- Ability to build and understand commercial models Essential
- Basic understanding of SQL code Preferred
- Calculate commission, incentive award payments to sales personnel based on commission plan provisions
- Review commission payment reports for accuracy and completeness
- Verify and follow through, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of commission payments as outlined in the plan
- Resolve reconciliation issues
- Analyse sales performance results; prepare commission expense reports, presentations and recommendations for sales and/or management
- Contribute to the development or improvement of systems to effectively track or capture data
- Perform activities to support the development, implementation, communication and administration of sales commission or incentive programs, plans, policies and quotas
- Creation of new plans for new teams/functions, and build capability in System
- Work directly with Sales Managers to calculate and communicate accurate monthly commission payments in a timely manner, while adhering to SCP policies
- Load Sales & Quota information into Xactly Commissions System
- Drive Annual Compensation planning process encompassing deep analytics and scenario planning
- Manage the new-hire and on-going plan-changes for sales commission plan creation and distribution
- Manage Special Incentives (SPIFFs) or other sales compensation elements
- Audit all commission payments and make Finance and Sales management aware of nonstandard transactions
- Resolve discrepancy issues related to sales data and related compensation
- Update and write Commissions Process documentation as needed
- Maintain data integrity through attention to detail and accuracy
- Communicate effectively with Account Managers, Sales Managers and Executives
- Work closely with Human Resources and Sales to ensure commissions and pay-outs are timely and accurate
- Give input to the compensation plan design process and quota-setting process in collaboration with Sales Management, Finance, Human Resources and Senior Leadership
- International and multicultural working environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Job-related continuous training
- Career progression opportunities