A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
"We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have." - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right - and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone - from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Don't Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This 'can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there - we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
To lead Segment marketing for LTSA and collaborate with Brand Marketing, Events & Sponsorships, Digital Marketing, Product Marketing teams in the Marketing Service Hub and other cross functional teams across the business to deliver on LTSA marketing and commercial objectives.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- Degree in Business with a specialisation in Strategy, Marketing, Sales or similar
- MBA or equivalent with the above specialisations - Desirable
Job Related Experience Required
- Marketing, Branding and Segment Marketing experience in the B-to-B experience in the ICT, Telecommunications Industries or similar
Job Related Knowledge Required
- The formulation and implementation of the Marketing strategy
- Understanding of marketing, strategy and positioning
- Understanding of digital, internal and customer behaviour relative to Marketing
- Understanding of the Customer Markets, specifically South Africa
- Understanding competitors, technology and data
- Branding and customer segmentation
Job Related Skills Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and ability to present complex situations
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems to achieve the correct outcomes
- Ability to negotiate, interact and achieve targets
- Ability to lead, manage and develop staff and employees
Strategic Planning for LTSA Marketing
- In conjunction with the LTSA Executive Management Team, participates in and contributes to the 3 to 5-year Marketing plan
- Contributing to and implementing the agreed Marketing strategies for LTSA only
- Maintaining an awareness of relevant industry forces through market intelligence analysis and customer satisfaction surveys
- Contribute to the 3 to 5-year comprehensive marketing, customer and digital plan to grow the LTSA Brand market share and customer advocacy across the market segments
- Devolving Marketing plans into annual, quarterly and monthly plans to manage the Marketing business
- Annual operating plans for Marketing
- Ensures that the AOPs are devolved into the achievable quarterly and monthly plans
- Marketing budget planning and implementation (OPEX)
- Develops the annual Marketing budget for the Marketing function and submits to the GCMO, LTSA CFO and the LTSA CEO
- Monitors the marketing budget monthly, identifies variances and takes corrective action
Segment Marketing LTSA
- To consolidate and orchestrate the overarching customer segment plans across the team - this entails Enterprise, Wholesale, Government, SME, Channel & Consumer. These plans will drive the customer engagement, marketing activities and campaigns to deliver a desirable result for the business
- Develop customer data driven marketing strategies across the sales segments to build stronger relationships with our customers and higher levels of loyalty
- Analyse customer, segment and marketing insights
- Plan and implement marketing plans, activities, resources and budgets to execute campaigns across segments
Marketing Campaign Planning and Execution for LTSA
- Collaborate with Marketing Vertical Heads in the Marketing Service Hub and other cross functional teams to plan and execute marketing campaigns and initiatives for LTSA
Marketing Support for Internal Marketing Programs
- Provides internal marketing support to Commercial Teams (Sales Enablement, Account Based Planning, Channel partnerships, etc) HR (employee engagement, employer brand etc), Customer Experience (Communication for CX programs), and other functions that require marketing support for LTSA
Management of the Marketing Department
- Overviews, updates and maintains the Marketing and Strategic organisation structure and maintains liaison with the HR Department
- Develops the necessary plan/s to ensure that the Department meets its agreed goals and objectives, meets staff on a pre-agreed basis, identifies and agrees key performance areas, key objectives/tasks and action plans
- Carries out evaluation of staff, identifies performance strengths and deficiencies, and arranges for necessary action
- Ensures that members of staff are being rewarded equitably and that the requisite human resource policies, procedures and systems are in place
- Decides whether the Brand is supporting and ultimately achieving the marketing objectives and goals for LTSA
- Decides on the planning and implementation of marketing plans & activities to execute campaigns across segments within LTSA
- Decides on resource allocation & task assignment
- Decides on budget allocation, measurement & reporting
- LTSA marketing strategy and associated execution of Key Strategic Objectives from a monitoring and reporting perspective
- The localisation of the Brand for LTSA to support and achieve the marketing objectives and goals
- Accountable for successful execution of marketing plans & activities