A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
To execute the (MS) Cloud Managed Services capability. This role will be driving the creation of a Cloud solution partnership within the enterprise business that contribute to net new MRR and achieving the best customer experience for LIT.
Responsible for the planning, development, execution and management of Managed Cloud deliverables and solutions for LIT. Managing and executing Cloud delivery activities, such as service and solution delivery and creations, GTM deliverables, driving and supporting new customer services/solutions within the Enterprise customer space. Planning, leading, controlling and managing all Managed Cloud solutions planning, development, management, and project delivery activities to create growth of market share of the enterprise business unit - across all segments and industry verticals.
Minimum Requirements of Job
- Degree and/or National Diploma - IT/engineering/marketing/business management
- NQF 7
- Post Graduate Degree - IT/Engineering/Marketing/Business Management
- NQF 8
- Microsoft Cloud, AWS Cloud, ITIL, Agile would be advantageous
- Work with the sales and product management team/s to translate product strategies/objectives into solutions supported that drive market awareness and revenue growth (MRR & customer centricity) in the cloud manage space
- Understand the intricacies of LT cloud product portfolio (existing and new) in order to articulate our differentiated position in the market The objective is to position LIT as a digital service provider / modern technology provider of choice, through all we do
- Equip, develop and manage expertise of seasoned professionals to deliver solution focused solutions and strategic revenue programs
- Serve as a subject matter expert on planning building, delivering and managing solutions for the enterprise business customer
- Drive a solutions and product marketing approach including positioning, planning and selling of our services propositions with a digital first, revenue marketing approach
- Lead the development and execution of services and solutions to drive MRR
- This includes developing bid and proposal service solutions, etc. to strongly position LIT
- Provide support on major bids in order to fine tune our client facing value proposition as and where required and respond with appropriate services and solutions
- Develop offers and value proposition messages and launch to internal and external stakeholders to drive interest, understanding and market opportunity to drive MRR
- Develop and execute sales enablement programs including developing relevant collateral for delivering training and designing blueprint buyer journeys; and map buyer decisions at each stage of the buying cycle
- Work closely with sales teams and the rest of the business, to identify and execute on one-on-one/few campaigns, tactics, specific collateral, and develop other sales/business aids to help open new opportunities and close business deals
- Plan, develop and execute marketing deliverables for all new cloud manage services product launches. Manage and work with internal and external stakeholder groups to ensure marketing deliverables are executed as per the marketing plan - by planning, developing and managing such deliverables/initiatives
- Create and implement best practices for the cloud product portfolio as and where required with LIT
- Utilise business intelligence
- Understand buying behaviours to ensure solution sets match market and customer requirements
- Support campaigns to measure the success
- Engage with stakeholders across the business, in supporting new products and solutions, by developing services that differentiates LIT in the market. This is including but not limited to value propositions through partnerships that enable sales and new revenue opportunities
- Create and manage specific lead revenue generating and customer engagement programs to drive new revenue by planning, developing and managing such initiatives with new and existing service offerings
- Execute new services through the development of new cloud manage services and solutions suitable for enterprise customers and their requirements
- Support and execute on the development key project as and where required to drive LIT market share
- Ensure that the marketing, the product teams, sales and rest of the business align on priorities and programs and to ensure the successful execution of such initiatives with strong collaboration between all stakeholders
- Deliver outcomes with industry expertise (resources) and strategic vendor partnerships (vendors and partners) to design, build, manage and deliver enterprise business solutions for customers
- The resource will be responsible for the overall formation of the strategy of the Cloud manage services portfolio including working on major deal pricing and pricing solutions
- The resource will be Responsible for developing compelling, market competitive commercial solutions for incorporation into customer proposals, ensuring conformance with the bid strategy and compliance with the defined governance processes
- The resource will also be delivering compelling and integrated marketing propositions that meet customer needs, enable sales in the enterprise segment/channels, to create market awareness and generate demand for cloud managed services
- Responsible for providing insights relating to the markets in which LIT operates. Responsible for developing compelling customer offers, planning and executing new market entry, defining the sales channel requirement and defining the value propositions across the Cloud portfolio
- Responsible for providing the knowledge and tools to enable sales to clearly articulate cloud managed services -propositions to LIT customers
- Responsible for all marketing activities that pertain to managed cloud services
- Responsible to train and enable the account teams responsible for the target customers on these Cloud solutions; be involved in the handover of the more complex opportunities and work alongside the sales teams to progress and close opportunities where required
- Responsible for creating market awareness of managed cloud services and propositions through programs addressed at key external stakeholders, analysts, press and customers. These programmes will include web, online, social media, digital, events, seminars, press, media and analyst relations, conferences, speaker engagements and multiple other approaches
Compliance & Governance
- Drive MRR acquisition strategy, owning channel and the delivery for all channels
- Develop processes and frameworks that will scale with a growing organization
- Build Quarterly Roadmaps aligned to priorities that drive MRR and increase market share
- Review Cloud manage services Processes, Policies and always adopt marketing best practices to increase MRR and grow brand awareness
- Define budget to meet acquisition targets across range of owned and earned channels
- Establish and hit monthly spend, targets, and ROI goals
- Bring thought leadership in content
- Grow and manage a team of direct reports or partnerships and/or vendors to deliver against strategy
- Set KPls and report on impact and insights from marketing channels
- Effectively manage partnerships/vendor or in-house teams to enable goals and targets
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to drive strategy that converts and drives growth
- Partner with product marketing and content teams to develop compelling messaging
- Work cross-functionally with analytics, creative, marketing, product, and engineering
- Business acumen
- Creative and Innovative thinking
- Decisiveness and Action Orientation
- Inspirational leadership
- Interpersonal effectiveness
Application of IT systems and tools
- Coaching and Motivating
- Conflict Resolution Management
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving Scientific
- Product and/or Service Knowledge
- Reporting and interpretation
- Business Knowledge
- Decides on the Managed Services- Managed Cloud for LTSA
- Decides on the methodology and go to market plan for Managed Services solutions Managed Cloud
- Decides whether the New Products and related services are aligned to Customer needs and achieving the required objectives Managed Cloud
- Decides whether Managed Cloud Partners and providers are successfully managing the specific functional area in line with the agreed strategic action plan
- Decides whether the Partner within the Partner ecosystem are capable of providing products and services for specific customer requirements
- Decides on the pricing strategy for wholesale and enterprise and managed services solutions for managed cloud services mix
- Decides on price setting in order to maintain price competitiveness to win deals for managed cloud services
- Decides on acceptable margins per product / scenario per managed cloud service requirement
- Decides on cost modelling and allocation methodologies for managed cloud services mix
- Decides Technology, vendor and partner recommendation for complex (non-standard) solutions per requirement for managed cloud services mix
- Decides Technology direction for new services/functionality/technology for respective segmentation for managed cloud service mix
- Go/No-Go decision for complex RFXs/Bids/Tenders and all managed cloud services requirements
- Accountable for the definition of Managed Service for Managed Cloud
- Accountable for the operationalising of the definition of Managed Services Managed Cloud
- Accountable for overseeing the execution of delivery of the product/service (Managed Cloud)
- Accountable for the performance management for outsourced vendors/third party/delivery partners
- Accountable for customer experience for the Managed Services Managed Cloud
- Accountable for the creation of marketing material, sales collateral and training of KAMs and partners and customers
- Accountable for atomisation, digitisation, enablement of sales process for the Managed Cloud Managed Service
- Accountable for capacity management to deliver the Managed Cloud solutions
- Accountable for providing input on market data, market intelligence, competitive intelligence for Managed Cloud to the product management and sales teams
- Accountable for supporting KAMs to achieve targets on sales of Managed Cloud service