A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
To maximize revenue opportunities through establishing, developing and maintaining long-term relationships with strategic customers as well as defining and executing sales strategies that focus on increased sales and profitability. To effectively position Liquid Telecom to be the Telecommunications partner of choice in the market by cultivating relationships, identifying opportunities and consultatively selling Liquid Telecoms services and solutions that meets the clients requirements. Achieving and exceeding sales targets.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- Relevant Diploma
Job Related Experience Required
- 3 years relevant sales experience
Job Related Knowledge Required
- Business Acumen
- Proficient in MS Office
- General understanding of Small and Medium Business
- Technical knowledge within OCT or Telecommunications
Job Related Skills Required
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills written and verbal
- Project management skills
- Presentation skills
- Proposal Writing
- Planning and organising skills
Deliver on Sales strategy (Target)
- Actively identify and pursue potential business/customers
- Generate and maintain opportunity pipeline and credible business forecasts to meet sales targets
- Present Liquid Telecoms services and offerings to new customers
- Proactively assess, clarify and validate customer requirements
- Responding to customer requests timeously ie leads
- Track and record sales activities on all accounts on SFDC
- Attending to customer billing and support queries and ensuring smooth resolution
- Co-ordinate cross functional processes to ensure all functions integrate and contribute to customer satisfaction
- Hunting for new business ie Cold calling, growing and retaining of existing business
- Adhering to defined sales process and quality standards
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly and quarterly targets
- Participate in broader Liquid Telecom strategies and business initiatives in order to generate revenue
- Implement a detailed sales Strategy for all accounts
- Generating and following up on customer order forms
- Building and managing internal customer relationships
- Obtaining information regarding the customer activity cycle and current telecommunications infrastructure and identifying business opportunities where deemed viable
- Running single or bulk feasibilities on potential customers
- Customer lifecycle management
- Doing customer competitor analysis to improve market penetration
- Doing win/loss reviews to improve pricing and product offering
- Analysing market trends
Build and grow client Relationships to ensure excellent customer experience
- Understand clients' business and generate new ideas to improve the customers business
- Build trust, credibility, and client referrals
- Oversee the execution of the complete sales process for all customers, including customer request handling, customer information gathering, finalisation of product specification and selection and SLA negotiation and finalisation
- Ensure all after-sale customer queries or issues that come through sales department are properly handed over to customer care
- Ensure all support departments are adequately briefed on customer details, to enable delivery of the order and adequate after sales customer support
- Conduct business professionally and ethically by adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
Maintaining a clear forecast of opportunities and developing a sales pipeline in order to reach sales targets
- Converting leads into opportunities to grow pipeline
- Identify and establish relationships in existing geography
- Provide pre-sales and after-sales assistance in bid/tender processes
- Manage customer relationships with new clients
- Deliver presentations and propose consultation-based solutions
- Keep abreast on the market changes and have a broad understanding of Telecommunication Services, Frameworks, Technologies
- Decides on customer call cycle
- Decides on customer engagement
- Decides on client account plan
- Decides on appropriate proposals for relevant client
- Accountable for delivering presentations and propose consultation-based solutions
- Accountable for providing pre-sales and after-sales assistance in bid/tender processes
- Accountable for generating leads and developing a pipeline for all sales segments across Liquid Telecom
- Accountable for achieving the assigned sales target