A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
"We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have." - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right - and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone - from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Don't Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This 'can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there - we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
To effectively position Liquid Telecom to be the Telecommunications partner of choice in the market by cultivating relationships, identifying opportunities and consultatively selling Liquid Telecom's services and solutions that meets the client's requirements. Achieving and exceeding sales targets.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
Job Related Experience Required
- 3 years knowledge and proven track record in Sales
Job Related Knowledge Required
- Proficient in MS Office especially MS Excel and PowerPoint
Job Related Skills Required
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills - written and verbal
- Project management skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Presentation skills
- Proposal Writing
- Business Acumen
- Planning and organising skills
Effective Account Management
- Develop and maintain business relationship with customers
- Gain in-depth understanding of the customer's business and industry
- Identify key role players and develop and maintain a personal professional network with relevant decision makers
- Develop and maintain an account plan within the context of the customers objectives and Liquid Telecom's strategy
- Obtain information on competitor activity and evaluate and implement
- Understand the customers' requirements and implement customer business growth strategies in conjunction with Liquid Telecom's delivery and support functions
- Ensure that all Service Levels agreements are met
- The Account Manager serves as the primary contact liaison and take full accountability for account
- Managing internal departmental escalations
- Conduct regular customer meetings at their premises
Build and Grow Client Relationships To ensure excellent Customer Experience
- Understand clients' business and generate new ideas to enhance client performance
- Build trust, credibility, and client referrals
- Develop a client centric strategy
- Maintain or improve account profitability by customizing solutions as per customer requirements
- Participate in broader Liquid Telecom strategies and business initiatives in order to generate more revenue
- Identify new market opportunities by selling and integrating Liquid Telecom's offerings to new and existing clients
- Develop, review and implement a detailed sales strategy for all accounts
- Ensure all support departments are adequately briefed on customer details, to enable delivery of the order and adequate after sales customer support
- Conducts business professionally and ethically by adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Develop a spirit of camaraderie by initiating social events / team building events with customers.
- Manage, in conjunction with Service Management all customer complaints or any crises
- Issuing of refunds / credit notes
- Keeping accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers
Development and maintenance of a sales pipeline in order to reach sales targets
- Responsible for generating leads and developing a pipeline for the sales segment
- Identify and establish relationships in new and existing geography and segments
- Provide pre-sales and after-sales assistance in bid/tender processes
- Manage customer relationships with allocated and new clients
- Deliver presentations and propose consultation-based solutions
- Keep abreast on the market changes and have a broad understanding of Telecommunication Services, Frameworks, Technologies
- Decides on a client account plan
- Decides on appropriate proposal
- Accountable for customer relationships with allocated and new clients
- Accountable for generating leads and developing a pipeline for all sales segments across Liquid Telecom
- Accountable for tracking and recording sales activities on all accounts on SFDC