A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
"We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have." - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right - and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone - from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Don't Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This 'can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there - we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
To maximize revenue opportunities through establishing, developing and maintaining long-term relationships with strategic customers as well as defining and executing sales strategies that focus on increased sales and profitability.
Managing strategic accounts and delivering profitable, long term revenue from nominated accounts.
Ensuring delivery of annual revenue targets through delivery of information, communication and technology solutions.
Establishing appropriate relationships with customers and leverages those relationships to achieve financial targets
Work collaboratively to set up service relationship for nominated accounts.
Serve as the primary relationship owner for an assigned group of top tier client accounts with responsibility retain and grow these accounts.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- Related University degree
Job Related Experience Required
- 8 years wholesale sales experience
Job Related Knowledge Required
- Business Acumen
- Proficient in MS Office
Job Related Skills Required
- Deciding and initiating action
- Working with people
- Adhering to principles and values
- Relating and networking
- Persuading and influencing
- Presenting and communicating information
- writing and reporting
- Applying Expertise & Technology
- Learning & Researching
- Creating & Innovating
- Formulating Strategies & Concepts
- Planning & Organising
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Following Instructions & Procedures
- Adapting & Responding to Change
- Coping with Pressure & Setbacks
- Achieving Personal Work Goals & Objectives
- Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
Strategic Sales Management
- Plan and develop account strategies outlining the sales account plans, forecasts and pipeline management for new and existing clients
- Understand customer strategic, tactical and operational strategy
- Understanding of prospective client's business and product /services requirements. Develops and lead the implementation of the account strategies based on an appropriate understanding of customer situation, its needs and industry trends
- Ability to understand and articulate the LTSA value proposition
- Strategic and conceptual selling using solution selling approach
- Produce Informative, executable and measurable account plan
- Engage Executive leadership collaborating to achieve creative solutions to drive positive revenue growth as well as contribute to complex problem solving
- Effectively solve problems and manage risk to ensure that set targets are met. (mitigate risk at all times)
- Forge or develop high level relationships (D and E levels) with the intention of expanding our market share and make LTSA the preferred partner of the assigned portfolio to ensure incremental business for LTSA products and services
- Influence and inform customer strategy to enhance competitive advantage. Align client needs to LTSA product offering
- Upsell and cross sell existing and new LTSA products and services through diligent, robust and thorough account management principles
- Adhoc and planned customer engagement sessions to achieve set objectives and goals as set out in the account plan
- Oversee and coordinate the relationship between team members in own organization with their counterparts in allocated accounts
- Develop a positive relationship with the relevant stakeholders in the account, prioritising communication at Executive level
- Set up strategic product and service review meetings on quarterly and or half yearly to facilitate LTSA client top management engagement
- Promote LTSA brand by being true LTSA ambassador in the industry. (exemplary and professional)
- Build trust and credibility by living the LTSA values
- Aggregated point of contact for the LTSA client
- Drives growth in allocated accounts through the introduction of new products and services (increase number of products and services we provide)
- Take ownership of the new business opportunity and the business case up to the signature of the contract
- Identify and evaluate value creating business opportunities individually and in collaboration with Solutions architects
- Identify strategic fit and prioritise opportunities and pursue and implement identified opportunities
- Leading the sales opportunity & customer interface for the proposal to ensure that information is provided to the Bid team to improve the bid and there- after to close the sale
- Leading the process to convert the new sales opportunity into an order
- Manage the quote and order process to completion through SFDC
- Adopt virtual team leader role encompassing all the customer facing and affecting functions that LTSA provide
- Drive collaboration between internal LTSA teams that are assigned to deliver services and value to the customer
- Chair and/or facilitate all customer-related contact sessions like meetings, quarterly review, strategic planning sessions
- Manage the preparation of contractual agreements
- Drive and supports new products, services and solutions into the account
- Manages pre - and post-sales support areas to ensure seamless introduction of new product services and propositions to accounts
- Represent client interest within LTSA to ensure that service adjustments are done where necessary
- Where required assist in expediting payment by the client
- Ensure that they obtain sufficient Product Sales /Technology / Solutions / Services Training to enhance their knowledge of LTSA offering
Achieve Sales Target
- Generate leads and build sustainable pipeline relative to sales target
- Convert leads and client generated opportunities to committed order
- Sell LTSA products and services to assigned client portfolio
- Ensure revenue protection mechanisms are operating at optimal levels
- Grow client portfolio revenue in line with business financial year targets
- Optimal retention of existing business and or clients by maintaining minimum target churn rate
- Migrate clients from run rate generating model to large scale wholesale volume and term deals
- Improve ROI by increasing sales volumes on existing LTSA network infrastructure
- Ensure sales target variance is regularly tracked against account pipeline
- Careful, accurate forecasting and reporting in a timely manner as requested from time to time
- Provide monthly sales forecast reports as and when required
- Present monthly / weekly qualified sales pipeline/forecast to ensure that red flags are raised on time
- Ensure that SFDC is an accurate reflection of pipeline status
- Secure reliable business intelligence relevant to new business opportunities and provide feedback at weekly sales meetings
- Participate and take ownership during weekly meetings especially parking bay issues which may affect the order intake
- Provide constant feedback regarding the network performance and network uptime to ensure that LTSA deliver on its promise
- Develop and control annual budget and forecasts / pipeline on monthly basis
- Prepare and control both sales and expense budgets
- Align sales and expense budgets to goals and objectives set out in account plans
- Ensure acceptable return on marketing investment
Miscellaneous and General
- Perform any other strategic function related to your duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time-to-time by management
- Decides on account strategy and client account plan
- Decides on Proposed Customer Solution
- Decides on Partnerships and possible coloration with OEM's
- Decides on customer engagement
- Decides on appropriate proposals for relevant client
- Accountable for delivering presentations and propose consultation-based solutions
- Accountable for providing pre-sales and after-sales assistance in bid/tender processes
- Accountable for generating leads and developing a pipeline for selected segment within Liquid Telecom
- Accountable for customer relationships with allocated and new clients
- Accountable for generating leads and developing a pipeline for all sales segments across Liquid Telecom
- Accountable for tracking and recording sales activities on all accounts on SFDC