A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
"We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have." - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right - and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone - from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Don't Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This 'can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there - we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
To maximize revenue opportunities through establishing, developing and maintaining long-term relationships with strategic customers as well as defining and executing sales strategies that focus on increased sales and profitability.
Managing strategic accounts and delivering profitable, long term revenue from nominated accounts.
Ensuring delivery of annual revenue targets through delivery of information, communication and technology solutions.
Establishing appropriate relationships with customers and leverages those relationships to achieve financial targets
Work collaboratively to set up service relationship for nominated accounts.
Serve as the primary relationship owner for an assigned group of top tier client accounts with responsibility retain and grow these accounts.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- Related University degree
Job Related Experience Required
- 8 years sales experience
Job Related Knowledge Required
- Business Acumen
- Proficient in MS Office
Job Related Skills Required
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills - written and verbal
- Project management skills
- Presentation skills
- Proposal Writing
- Planning and organising skills
Deliver on Sales strategy (Target)
- The Senior Key Account Manager will be assigned the company's top customer accounts to manage. Deliver robust account plans to achieve sales objectives. The account plan should include the revenue potential for 1-3 years and the associated plans to achieve this revenue
- Implement commercial strategies and then execute in line with company policies
- Generate and maintain opportunity pipeline and credible business revenue forecasts order to meet sales targets
- Present Liquid Telecoms services and offerings to assigned/new customers while leading account planning cycles and ensuring that the customers' needs, and expectations are met
- Proactively assess, clarify and validate customer requirements on an on-going basis
- Implement a detailed sales strategy for all strategic accounts
- Track and record sales activities on all accounts on SFDC
- Collaborating very closely with teams from other departments within Liquid. Partner with internal cross-functional teams to understand customer goals and key performance metrics
Build and Grow Client Relationships to ensure Excellent Customer Experience
- Understand clients' business and generate new ideas to improve the customers' business. Expanding the customer stakeholders beyond ICT to strategic business owners (CMO, CFO, COO, CEO) who own the budget and/or can influence the buying decision
- Build trust, credibility, and client referrals
- Maintain or improve account profitability by customizing solutions as per customer requirements
- Oversee the execution of the complete sales process for all customers, including customer request handling, customer information gathering, finalisation of product specification and selection and SLA negotiation and finalisation
- Ensure all after-sale customer queries or issues that come through sales department are properly handed over to customer care
- Ensure all support departments are adequately briefed on customer details, to enable delivery of the order and adequate after sales customer support
- Conduct business professionally and ethically by adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Resolve any issues and problems of Liquid customers and act as an interface between Liquid customer and the internal teams. Ensure that outstanding customer experience is achieved by timeously escalating inter-departmental problems
Maintaining a Clear Forecast of Opportunities and Developing a Sales Pipeline to Reach Sales Targets
- Responsible for generating leads and developing a revenue pipeline for the account for the next 1-3 years. Accountable for executing a gap plan if the revenue pipeline does not meet the assigned budget set for each Senior Key Account Manager
- Identify and establish relationships in new and existing geography and segments
- Provide pre-sales and after-sales assistance in bid/tender processes
- Manage customer relationships with allocated and new clients
- Deliver presentations and propose consultation-based solutions
- Keep abreast on the market changes and have a broad understanding of Information, Communication, Cloud and Technology Services. Utilize market dynamics, competitive pressure and best practice to formulate new strategic account value propositions
- Decides on account strategy and client account plan
- Decides on Proposed Customer Solution
- Decides on Partnerships and possible coloration with OEM's
- Decides on customer engagement
- Decides on appropriate proposals for relevant client
- Accountable for delivering presentations and propose consultation-based solutions
- Accountable for providing pre-sales and after-sales assistance in bid/tender processes
- Accountable for generating leads and developing a pipeline for selected segment within Liquid Telecom
- Accountable for customer relationships with allocated and new clients
- Accountable for generating leads and developing a pipeline for all sales segments across Liquid Telecom
- Accountable for tracking and recording sales activities on all accounts on SFDC