A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
The Projects Manager: Cloud has the overall responsibility of designing and executing a cloud migration strategy solution with our customers, service delivery teams, and third-party partners. The Cloud Projects Manager works closely with Cloud Solution Architects, Cloud Operations Engineers and Cloud Delivery Engineers, along with external IT consultants and service providers to ensure the delivery of Cloud projects. The Cloud Projects Manager will understand the adoption challenges in migrating on premise infrastructure and application portfolios and will be able to bridge the gaps during the migration strategy design process.
The ideal candidate will have an established background in traditional hosted, or outsourced, transition projects, along with experience in IT managed services. They will be able to direct technical resources, and will have experience using project management tools, templates and processes to manage the delivery of cloud migration projects.
Minimum Requirements of Job
Formal Qualifications Required
- Degree in IT, Project Management or Business-related field and Post-Graduate
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2 Project Management
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Additional Microsoft or AWS Cloud-related certifications
- Industry certification e.g. ITIL, Cisco (CCNP, CCDP, and above), CECP(MEF) or similar
Job Related Experience Required
- Demonstrable experience in delivering complex projects, ideally in an IT or managed service provider setting
- Experience in business processes and outsourced services
- Demonstrate the ability to lead complex teams, managing internal and external resources
- Extensive experience in the IT or Telecoms industries an advantage
- Experience of working in a close Agile / Scrum team an advantage
- In-depth knowledge of various IT or Telecoms technology architecture domains and convergence
Job Related Knowledge Required
- In-depth understanding of IT services, IT service delivery and IT project management
- An in depth understanding of Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models
- Experience in evaluating existing digital strategies
- Experience in conducting operations analysis, TCO analysis, security considerations as part of a wider Cloud Adoption Framework
- Knowledge of converged solutions design and development, as it relates to Cloud services and unified communications
- Cross Domain Technology Architecture knowledge coupled with implementation experience
Job Related Skills Required
- PMP or Prince2 Project Management certification
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals or similar certification advantageous
- Good understanding of technology, products and services offered by Liquid Telecom and the telecommunications industry
- Industry knowledge of Data Centre trends, Software Defined Data Centres, Hyper Convergence, Cloud Technologies (Public, Private and Hybrid)
- Business acumen and ICT awareness
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Technical writing skills
- Research and strategic analysis skills
- Manage the assurance of Cloud project delivery
- Ensuring effective communication at all stages of a project
- Maintaining a well document project delivery process with clear reporting requirements
- Complying with all additional delivery process and change management requirements for successful project delivery
- Provide yearly inputs for process reviews
- Produce reports to measure project delivery performance during and after completion of all projects
- Evaluating our delivery methods and implementing industry best practices adopted to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Oversee the deployment customer solutions based on best practices including migrations, cloud networking and new set-ups
Customer and Vendor Management
- Maintain accurate customer records, project documentation and technical documentation for each project
- Conduct regular customer feedback surveys and report on improvements required for all Cloud services
- Maintain a clear overview of all projects, their revenue and cost and performance to milestones, along with resource consumption
- Maintain accurate third-party vendor documentation, including quotations, proposals, diagrams, certifications and proof of execution
- Monitor all vendor service delivery and define reporting, escalation and remediation processes
- Maintain records for internal and external resources available for Cloud Project Delivery including internal staff, and external service providers
- Cross functional engagements, Sales support, Service Desk, Products, Bid Office & engagement with Engineering
- Training for sales, architects, customer employees and product teams
- Assist with technology selection and vendor selection for product management
- Leading the solutions architects and Cloud engineering teams to iterate through design and deployment tasks to identify dependencies and resolving design conflicts to ensure project success
- Maintaining an up to date skillset that translates into secure, cost effective project delivery aligned to industry best practices
- Decides on best delivery process and required resources to meet business requirements of customers
- Decides on the project milestones, deliverables and essential communications standards
- Decides on technical requirements for project delivery
- Decides on project management toolsets, analytics and reports
- Accountable for the delivery of all Cloud projects within agreed timelines
- Accountable for accurate reporting, documentation and communication for Cloud project delivery
- Accountable for customer success with the Cloud project
- Accountable for delivering the customer project as specified
- Accountable for communicating project success, learnings and building awareness of our Cloud projects
- Accountable for budget adherence and reporting resolution of any deviations