A subsidiary of Econet Global, Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fibre optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa's largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. It also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond. Put simply, we connect people.
We started out by questioning the way things are done and being single-minded in our determination to improve them. Everything we do is driven by a simple yet powerful belief that everyone in Africa has the right to be connected. Over the last decade, this vision has helped us change the face of communications in the region.
Our future-focused approach to new product development makes our services enduringly adaptable.
We have to focus on services of the future and new revenue streams not as a side show to infrastructure but as the main show leveraging off the infrastructure which we have. - Nic Rudnick
Our flexible and dynamic business model keeps us at the forefront of telecoms innovation. And by listening to customers, we ensure that our solutions are constantly evolving to meet their needs. In June 2017, Liquid Telecom raised $700m in a bond and term-loan issue that will help Liquid Telecom refinance debt and provide a war chest for further acquisitions.
At the very core of our business is our belief that every individual on the continent has the right to be connected. We believe that the power of technology will create better and brighter lives for everyone.
We're for everyone - Being connected shouldn't just be for the privileged few. We believe it's for everyone and this was recognised at the AfricaCom Awards 2013 when we won an award for Best Cost Efficiency Solution. The sense of doing the right thing runs through every aspect of our business.
Integrity - Having integrity in everything we do has made us what we are today. We are all encouraged to play our part and take responsibility for doing things right and doing the right thing.
Only The Best Will Do - We're constantly striving to deliver the best communications technology to everyone from the smallest communities to the biggest businesses in the region.
Dont Talk Do - We listen carefully to our customers, then we deliver beyond their expectations. This can do' attitude is key to our success.
In It For The Long Run - We've invested heavily in our own network and technology. We created the largest single fibre network in the region, which stretches over 18,000km across borders to connect people locally, nationally and internationally. We're not stopping there we're continuing to invest so we can connect people all over Africa.
Portfolio simplification through standardisation and alignment of offerings across the various operating companies, including price alignment and standardisation, cross operating company alignment on value proposition components and partnership structures
- Connect parts of the value proposition value chain such as pricing, service delivery, marketing and sales to ensure consistent sales value proposition delivery
- Extend the existing value proposition and service portfolio into more complex bundled offerings and value propositions in the Enterprise, Commerical and Managed Services businesses, especially while bringing to bear an intimate knowledge of financial services and retail business operations. This knowledge is crucial in connecting new value propositions for digital transformation and telecommunications to financial services and retail client transformation needs.
- Use a deep knowledge of financial services and retailing institutions to design value propositions and go to market strategies for these segments in particular; tanslate a deep knowledge of trends, issues and customer challenges in these verticals into consistent and standardised requirements for value propositions
- Direct the broader professional services delivery team, including pricing and product development, on the requirements for the launch and continued delivery of value propositions across the group
- Grow the business through the introduction of managed services partnerships that will support and contribute to the positioning of various value propositions and therefore ultimately growth in sales
- Support sales and technical services with the market positioning of Enterprise, Commercial and Managed Services value propositions
- To assist with long-term sales forecasts, especially as they relate to value propositions the business is building.
- Align marketing efforts and sales with value proposition requirements
- Provide guidance to sales and product design on price bundling requirements for value propositions, and link pricing requirements with ecosystem partners
To support mega cross-border bid management for Managed Services complex deals across Opcos
- Design and put in place policies, procedures, processes, controls and report standards for mega cross-border complex managed services deals
- Support and improve overall bid management processes including business case, pricing and service delivery linkages, as well as partnership selection and performance management, internal professional services service level agreements
- Support the roll out of managed services propositions across the group on a case by case basis
- To create pan-African partnerships with ecosystem players such as financial services and retail focused management consulting service providers that will support the creation and market positioning of new value propositions, for both mega cross border bids and domestic ones
Training and empowerment to position Liquid telecom as a leader in the market place for managed services through content creation and training and development of managed services skills
- Improve the level of strategic conversation and engagement between sale and clients in the financial services and retail market verticals
- Build collateral for the positioning of value propositons, including marketing material and insights papers or thought leadership pieces, especially in the financial services and retail industry segments
- Align account based marketing and other marketing functions with thought leadership pieces that will help to position Liquid Telecom as a leading digital transformation business across Africa
Re-alignment of EAR and SAR utilisation of Group Services Hub
- Build up and support centers of excellence for shared professional services
- Assist in the set-up of relevant policies, processes, governance, performance standards and reports
- Ensure smooth running of service provision points for cross border mega bids build alignment with bid management, project management, pricing, service delivery etc
Improve the overall use/methodology of data driven decisions about deals, pricing and customers in value proposition design, while driving enablement of the product and pricing team
Minimum Requirements of Job
Portfolio simplification through standardisation and alignment of offerings across the various operating companies
In conjunction with the GCBO and GCCO Management Team, participates in and develops the standardisation and alignment of offerings across the various operating companies by:
? Connecting parts of the value proposition value chain such as pricing, service delivery, bid management, project management, marketing and sales to ensure consistent sales value proposition delivery
? Directing the broader professional services delivery team, including pricing and product development, on the requirements for the launch and continued delivery of value propositions across the group
? Positioning Enterprise and managed services in the market through the translation of customer, partner and stakeholder insights into consistent and standard value proposition requirements
? Ensures that the Sales department and service delivery understand and execute on consistent and aligned requirements for value propositons in the CBO and CCO business across the group e.g. pricing, partners etc
? Provide guidance to sales and product design on price bundling requirements for value propositions, and link pricing requirements with ecosystem partners
? Direct the broader professional services delivery team, including pricing and product development, on the requirements for the launch and continued delivery of value propositions across the group
? Participating in CAPEX and OPEX planning requirements based on the product and service delivery value proposition expectations in the budget cycle
? Maintaining ongoing relationships, collaboration and communication with all internal professional services clients
? Developing a skilled and professional pricing and product development team(s) to achieve the CBO and CCO office Strategic value proposition objectives
? Assist product pricing and product managment with requirements mapping and implementation requirements for value propostions, with special focus in product bundling
? Aligning marketing efforts and sales with value proposition requirements
? Review all channels and customer touch points to ensure consistency and quality in customer experience of value propositions throughout the customer life cycle
? Implement and continuously optimise the customer experience framework around value propositons delivery standards to deliver seamless and standardised customer experiences to customers
Support mega cross-border bid management for Managed Services complex deals across Opcos
New value propositions
Ensures the follow through by the Sales Execs, sales teams, product development and pricing teams on client requirements for complex bids based on value propositions
Supports the bid management process to ensure the effective scoping and delivery of required value propositions according to customer requirements
Coordinates various internal stakeholders to assemble value proposition components needed for customer bids and complex managed services propositons in those bids
Developes standardised processes, procedures, policies and performance report metrics for mega cross border deals and in-country deals
Develop strong pan African partnerships with other consulting companies to support new and innovative value propostions in the complex manage services space In line with CBO, CCO and LT Group Sales Strategy
Negotiate and manage contracts with ecosystem partners and management consulting businesses to increase revenue generated from jo-int opportunities for new value propositions
Collaboration with Sales Executives and sales teams to provide strategic direction about the positioning of value propsitons and which partners are key to align with in the various market segments
Conduct presentations and meet with prospective High Value Customers and Partners to position Liquid Telecom value propostions in the managed services space
Identifies, engages and builds relationships with strategic ecosystem partners and related stakeholders to assist in the growth and future revenue from value propositons
Oversees existing and new partner alignment plans and implementation to achieve consisent value proposition delivery through complex bid management
Collaborates with internal partners such as Marketing, Pricing, Sales and Product to align the value proposition plans with the capacities systems (Networks, Digitalisation Transformation, Products, Cloud Products, etc)
Coordinates with stakeholders in the bid management process to ensure value propostions are appropriately positioned and all stakeholders in the relevant partner ecosystem are aligned ensures a clear reflection of the in bids for complex managed services solutions
Train and empower the Group to position Liquid telecom as a leader in the market place for managed services through training and development of managed services skills and content creation
Sets standards for the knowledge and skills of sales and solutions teams regarding FSI and retail industry insights and customer challenges
Improve the level of client issue and challenge conversation, as well as client insight, throughout the sales planning process and client engagement process
Improve on consulting skills and experience of sales and solution architects by outlining relevant and industry specific consulting methodologies and thought frameworks
Build and execute on key skills development gaps in the sales force and professional services teams (KAMs, solution architects, service delivery teams etc) regarding financial services and retail segment vertical knowledge and skills
Builds collateral for the positioning of value propositons, including marketing material and insights papers or thought leadership pieces, especially in the financial services and retail industry segments
Align account based marketing and other marketing functions with thought leadership pieces that will help to position Liquid Telecom as a leading digital transformation business across Africa
Re-alignment of EAR and SAR utilisation of Group Services Hub
Build up and support centers of excellence for shared professional services Yearly, Quarterly and Monthly
Assist in the set-up of relevant policies, processes, governance, performance standards and reports
Give input into required service levels and define performance standards for shared service functions
Put in place monigoring and tracking of service delivery standards, including performance dashboard with baselines and target service levels
Ensure consistent and regular feedback to relevant group stakeholders and users of shared services (internal clients) on the achievement of alignment objectives and goals
Ensure smooth running and connection with service provision points for cross border mega bids build alignment with bid management, project management, pricing, service delivery etc
Improve the overall use/methodology of data driven decisions about deals, pricing and customers in value proposition design, while driving enablement of the shared product and pricing team
Bachelor of Science, Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Sales or similar Essential
Post graduate qualification or similar with specialisation in Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Economcis or CRM Essential
Telecommunications strategy, marketing, sales, product development or similar, with approximately 5 years in an executive position
5-10 years' experience with large scale transformation projects in the financial services or retail space
At least 10 years management consulting experience in financial services or retail industry, having gained a wide perspective of financial services and retail operations competenecies across their value chains
Experience with market entry strategy
Experience with translating value propositions and market strategy into financial implications for the business and related business cases, including customer pricing, price bundling, deal cionstruction and partner requirements
Experience in digital value proposition design
Experience in customer needs assessment and product design with price modelling and price bundling design